MINISTIK Snowmobile Trails OPEN Saturday December 20

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HI All

The MINISTIK Snowmobile Trails are now OPEN.
(Please note these are snowmobile trails only):)

We will unlock the gates on Saturday December 20, 2008 (Tomorrow)
The west Parking lot #2 is now open (Friday)
Will open Parking lot #33, #22 and the connector gates on Saturday

Please use caution as:
- Due to this cold weather not all trails have been thoroughly cleared
- The Ice Heaves are as high as 2 feet tall around the shore lines – so be extra careful
- The ice has been drilled and it was found to at least 9” of ice – but there are springs on some lakes – so watch out for them
- We will be grooming the trails at the end of December

If you are out on the trails and see a tree or branches on the trail please take the time to throw them of to the side of the trail

LOST COWS:
One of our local farmers that TCSC works with is looking for 5 lost COWS in the Ministik Park
As Ministik is 36 square miles of bush & swamp these Cows could be any where
If you see any cows in Ministik please mark a spot with a flag or ribbon be side the trail and take note of where in the park you are
Then Email or call me with the location so the farmer can find his lost cows
Thanks for your assistance in helping our local farmer.

Thanks
Brian Beebe
Tri-County Snowmobile Club
Trail Maintenance
780-437-4706
brianbeebe@shaw.ca

badmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any work on wether or not Starthcona county will allow the interconnecting trails between Ministik and The snow Angels trail system

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had i known i probably would have ventured out...as it is il probably have to wait till after wednesday check the place out.

i sent in my cheque for a membership and trail pass a while ago, still have not recieved it which is fine im in no panic. but is it possable to ride the system knowing its "in the mail" or should a guy stay off till i get it?

just asking cause i dont want to cause anyone a hassel or myself one trying to explain the situation. iv not joined any club before haveing to use a trail system, so im unsure of the way to go about doing things

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any work on wether or not Starthcona county will allow the interconnecting trails between Ministik and The snow Angels trail system

The County of Strthcona is conducting a study in January, February and march of 2009. They are to monitor the snowmobile activity and hold an open house on the corridor.

When we hear of this meeting we will let everyone know.

We opened the gate to parking lot #33 (Twp 510 between RR211 & RR212) to day so all the people of Stgrathcona county can trailer to Ministik and park
We will continue to work with the County to have the road graders clear the parking lot.

Brian

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone go out today in the cold - how was it - enough snow?

Only two sleds entered Ministik as we opened the gates and returned later

Minus 25 is a bit cold....although it is a great way to test your machine before heading to the mountains

Brian

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had i known i probably would have ventured out...as it is il probably have to wait till after wednesday check the place out.

i sent in my cheque for a membership and trail pass a while ago, still have not recieved it which is fine im in no panic. but is it possable to ride the system knowing its "in the mail" or should a guy stay off till i get it?

just asking cause i dont want to cause anyone a hassel or myself one trying to explain the situation. iv not joined any club before haveing to use a trail system, so im unsure of the way to go about doing things

The fastest way to get ASA Trail Passes (can be used on all ASA Trails) is to call me.
I can process your memberships ($20) and any ASA Trail Passes ($60 before January 1, 2009---$70 after January 2009) over the phone if you have a VISA card I will then mail them out to you the same day.
Or call and set up a time to come over and buy your passes.

Brian
780-437-4706

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well too late for that plan...hehe as i sent in by snail mail a week ago or so.

il just have to wait i guess

polcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do believe I read somewhere that a ministik is not asa and a trail pass is not required to ride it.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I do believe I read somewhere that a ministik is not asa and a trail pass is not required to ride it.

Maybe Ministik Man can comment a little further on this, but I can assure you that it IS an ASA trail and you DO need as ASA trail pass to be on it.

polcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe Ministik Man can comment a little further on this, but I can assure you that it IS an ASA trail and you DO need as ASA trail pass to be on it.

no Need to get Testy,I may have Mispoken I've been Wrong before :d

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just a quick note to that comment...

First
- 90% of the riders in Ministik are local people in the 4 surrounding counties.
- There is a misconception that it is there God Given right to ride in Ministik because they live there. Wrong...
- It is a Provincial Bird Sanctuary FIRST with 12 users groups allowed by Alberta Sustainable Resources (SRD) to enjoy their sport in Ministik.
- If any one of the user groups fails to comply with the Rules & Regulations governing the Sanctuary they are out ( example - Alberta Off Road - Quads - the sanctuary is to eco sensitive for rubber tired vehicles - so they are no long allowed)

Second
- The ASA is one of the 12 registered user groups and is the only motorized sport in Ministik.
- If the Tri-County Snomobile Clubs 25 member trail maintenance team does not maintain the trails and does not operate within the guidelines the ASA id OUT....
- If the ASA is no longer a member of the Ministik Board of Directors there is ABSOLUTLY NOT MOTORIZED SPORTS in Ministik.

Summary:
- If no one supports Tri-Snowmobile Club with memberships and trail Passes we have no money to operate or maintain trails - busted - folded - quit!!!
- If no one supports Tri-County Snowmobile Club on trail maintenance then the trails are not maintained and cleared
- The SRD will not open the gates as the trails have not been cleared. Which opens the SRD up to liability for unsafe trails. Gates do not get opened and no one rides in Ministik

Think this is an idle threat -- Look at the rest of Alberta and BC. Every one is closing down riding areas due to:
- Enviromental
- Noise
- Proxemetry of houses to trails
- and the best for last -- LIABILITY

I told you I would keep it short, I never even got into the Issues of:
- Alberta Recreational Review Study
- County of Strathcona Bylaws & RCMP
- Manditory Trail Passes

Any way hope everyone has a Very Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the update MM. You guys keep up the good work that you guys do that we all support. Hard working volunteers are getting hard to find.Thanks workers

polcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like you managed to read that whole comment,too bad you couldn't have done the same for Can-Do and given him a proper answer instead of what he was given

Jake

Reaction score
So the answer is you don't NEED a trail pass, but you SHOULD have a trail pass?

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard that if you ride Ministik without a trail pass there are people hiding in the bush that jump out and beat you up....

Top Bottom