Ministik has been groomed - Dec 21

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ministik has been groomed - Dec 21
We took the groomer out and groomed the North Section of Ministik both directions.
Then from Oliver Lake to Joseph Lake and south to the town of Hay Lakes
That was 2 guys grooming for 16.5 hours and 230 liters for fuel
This takes from 9:00am Tuesday to 1:30am Wednesday morning.
The south east section will be groomed just after the New Year
The trails are looking great with all this new snow.
So if you see a quads or horses on the trail stop them and explain the damage they are doing to your groomed snowmobile trail and ride else where when the trails are groomed.
After all, the better groomed the trails are, the better ride for you and your family.
Will load pictures later...

Wacko Jacko

Reaction score
trails look good! were out for a short ride boxing day.
One question for you though, we happened across a pack of quadders(20 or so) didn't want to get into anything with them as it was the wife and i, but could there be charges brought for these idiots? Probably good that we didn't confront them cause i noticed empty beer cans on the ground where the loaded up from in parking lot 2. we picked up what was there at the time.
and yep, trail passes bought for the current year!lol

CobraCDN

Reaction score
Website
www.mlpaint.ca
I was wondering the legality of quads on the trails also. Though if you see beer cans like that, ride clear of the group and call 911 and report it, if they are drinking and driving,quading or sledding, they are a major danger to you and the rest of the folks out there. I to saw a few quads out there boxing day, but would like to have a leg to stand on for arguing whether they are allowed or not.

Also I tried to get trail passes Xmas eve day but everyone seemed to be closed, I'll pick some up this week... I just could not pass up the ride on Sunday :)

Cheers

PS Good on you Jacko for picking up the empties!!

Last edited:

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all that are monitoring our Snowmobile Trails

There are 11 user groups on the board of directors for Ministik and in order to participate in Ministik they need represntation on the board

There is no represntation for quads in Ministik as the Alberta Off Highway Vehicles Association backed off the board of directors for Ministik and quads have no representative/chair/authority to be in Ministik

Therefore with no representation quads should not be allowed in Ministik

But especially when we spend 700 hours maintaining the fallen trees on the snowmobile trails per year and grooming the trails with a $100,000.00 groomer at a cosy of $500.00 fuel for grooming, 32 man hours in the groomer to groom both directions.

So yes we have the right to say STAY THE HELL OFF THE SNOWMOBILE TRAILS.....

We might not be able to stop the quads from rideing in Ministik

BUT tell them just stay the hell off the groomed trails which are the snowmobile trails

Last edited:

ROAR

Reaction score
Ya we went out boxing day and saw a convoy of 20 or so quads on the north trails when we went and a few straglers here and there.

Top Bottom