Mini Upgrades

hintonatv

Reaction score
Website
www.bratphaze.ca
This week I installed aftermarket pipes on two different minis. The first was a Raptor 80. It got a Big Gun pipe. Nice addition. Not a big difference in power but it sure sounds cool! Next it's getting a rev limiter. The 4 year old (yeah I know!) who rides it spends most of his time topped out against it.
The other one is a Polaris Preditor 90. It got the FMF pipe with the turbine core 2 silencer. Wow! Bolt on power in a big way. A very noticable difference. Better power all around and it sounds awsome.

h20bugs

Reaction score
Are you going to do any more upgrades to the Predator? We are currently doing our son's and it flat out rips. We didn't do a pipe yet I just drilled the stock one. K&N with an outerwear and 160lbs of comp. Major jetting changes. Looking for an aftermarket cdi, any thoughts? Thanks Bugs.

hintonatv

Reaction score
Website
www.bratphaze.ca
We have no plans for the Preditor for now. The power gain with the pipe was signifigant. I will let the rider get use to it, then we will see. What did you do to your top end?
I would like to find a disc brake kit. The drums on the front leave much to be desired! Discs all around would be a great addition.

h20bugs

Reaction score
I took the head off and took about .070" off. Just did it on a piece of glass with some sandpaper, lots of elbow grease. Probably checked compression 10 times to get it where I wanted. Huge gain! Free up the intake if you can. Pulling air through a straw I thought, very restricted. Check on the main jets, $40.00 from Polaris. Nothing else will fit. Carb is a Sunworld, doesn't use a regular Mikuni jet. I also am useing a BP8 plug instead of the recomended stock plug. Also run a blend of race fuel. Lighter rollers and heavier rear spring. These mods were under $50.00, runs awesome. Dave.

h20bugs

Reaction score
Hey Hinton, I was at Cycle Works on the weekend and talked to the guys in the service dept. They said that a Kehin mini jet would work for the Pred. carb. Maybe you have some in stock and can check if they are the same? $5.00 vs $40.00 can you let me know? Thanks Bugs.

Top Bottom