Miles on a tank of fuel?

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are going to be riding to The Renshaw next weekend and it's about a 30km ride in. I know there are many variables that can affect your fuel economy, but what king of milage are people getting out of a tank of fuel on their Polaris Pro's?

bbecker17

Reaction score
Take fuel your not ganna be having any fun looking at all the snow you could of rode in if you had more fuel lol..

My last tank was 60 ish miles of hard boondocking/tree population

Kuzko

Reaction score
60 kms of easy trail riding to my destination (30-40mph)(5800-6500rpm). No deep snow. Got to the gas bar and put in 17 liters. This was my first test at seeing what mileage was like. Same distance home hard riding in the deep and needed to stop to put in my g-can. I made a rack to fit 2 10-litre cans and can go for 4-5 hrs hard riding. Only mod is a MBRP can.

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were out there last weekend for my first time. Ran in with a full tank and 10L can. Ran waist deep pow all afternoon so to the bar all day...even blew a belt because i couldn't stop. Ran the trail down at the end of the day on reserve but didn't need the spare at all.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have rode in and out on one tank many times. It all depends on how much riding you do. 60 miles no problem 80 miles your going to need extra.

You can always have your xm buddies carry some for you. Lol

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya we are thinking of each taking in 10L. That should be plenty.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
The trail you'll burn nothing fuel wise.... If the snow up top is deep them you may want extra.... I've done up to 160 Kms on a tank. Bun have done as little at 60-70 on a tank as well but don't equate the trail..... You'll burn 5L on the trail up and back

[Freerider]-

Reaction score
Had a full day of riding with waist deep powder, most of the riding time was to the bars, still had 1/4 tank left at the end of the day. Mine seems to be amazing on fuel, and I don't ride it easy or sit around much. Always carry the spare just incase though.

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, just making sure 10L of extra fuel is enough to have fun in the Renshaw. Been out there on an etec but never on my Poo.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Ride in with extra fuel and drop all the jerry cans at the cabin or some other secret area, ride all day, then fill the sleds with jerry cans for trip down, if required?

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ride in with extra fuel and drop all the jerry cans at the cabin or some other secret area, ride all day, then fill the sleds with jerry cans for trip down, if required?

Yup only bring extra fuel for salmon lake and never use it! But we leave it once in the trees at the end of the shovel trail.

Those fancy mountain addiction cans are great, but they just sit in the trailer or in the snow for this guy. Went with a rack and Canadian tire cans that can get stolen or forgotten and no big deal.

Top Bottom