miled out skidoo piston

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never denied an XP might take the highmark, but what I get a laugh out of is how many more calories an XP rider burns trying to keep up to a Cat or Poo in the trees. Ya, they can do it, but why exert that much energy when there are better options available ??

Sent from my iPhone when I should be working.

so why do off brand sleds always try to bring up trees, guess they have to find somewhere they can ride there sleds, ditchbangin may be one but not the steep and deep.

Last edited:

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so why do off brand sleds always try to bring up trees, guess they have to find somewhere they can ride there sleds, ditchbangin may be one but not the steep and deep.

Oh, we "off brand" riders do like "steep and deep". We just prefer alot of trees added to it. Going up and down a wide open slope gets boring fast (unless you're a Doo guy). LOL !

Sent from my iPhone when I should be working.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
frick you are such a liar you'd ride skidoo if they came out with a set of pedals instead of a engine. you think you're fooling anybody with Your "I only ride the best" fag talk. I really get a kick out of the brand wars but you being MAXWELL have to take it to the next level. If you weren't out to stir ch!t why didn't you post under the skidoo section? if it was only an advisory for the team you ride with. being a good rider doesn't automatically elevate you to being a good person

Holy EFF... Go have your period in a shark tank there turbo!

Lanko

Reaction score
Quick question Quintin, why was this thread started? Maybe I'm the idiot, oh ya it's because Doo rules and everything else sucks balls, cause Maxwell says so.

Jeffg463 You're an idiot and you've obviously missed the reason this thread was started.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quick question Quintin, why was this thread started? Maybe I'm the idiot, oh ya it's because Doo rules and everything else sucks balls, cause Maxwell says so.

did i once say that in the origional post? no..

i said look heres a piston with excessive miles on it and it looks pretty good. and heres what i did to my sled to make it last this long.

thats it.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread has got out of hand. Why does every thread end in brand bashing? Maxwell that piston looks great for the amount of miles. That's quite amazing considering the life of two stroke sleds these days. Knowones looking at what he's trying to show us, a piston with a lot of miles on it and it's still lasting... On a two stroke. Kudos to you and your sled Maxwell. Ride what sled you want and burn what oil you want. Main thing is, is that you get out and ride.

Sent from Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no problem, i realize it may be hard to see that i wasnt actually trying to stir the pot. because thats what i usually do LOL. but not this time.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I didn't create this thread to start a brand war. Jjust sharing the findings in my group.

Pg 1 Lanko.......
I think we all need it to SNOW !

Maxwell I think you should weld those pistons together and paint them gold. Make a nice trophy out of them. Than all the smack talkers can come and try to take it away. We did this when I was jetski racing and we fought over the crappy weekend warrior trophy more than real racing. I'd even like to see ride the rainbow come take a shot at it.

jeffg463

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pg 1 Lanko.......

Maxwell I think you should weld those pistons together and paint them gold. Make a nice trophy out of them. Than all the smack talkers can come and try to take it away. We did this when I was jetski racing and we fought over the crappy weekend warrior trophy more than real racing. I'd even like to see ride the rainbow come take a shot at it.

Sounds like Maxwell already lost the trophy to Glen with his 8500km 'Cat ! :)

jeffg463

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no problem, i realize it may be hard to see that i wasnt actually trying to stir the pot. because thats what i usually do LOL. but not this time.

I had a few drinks last night.... you know how us 'Cat guys get when we drink ;)

Lanko

Reaction score
Flabba you might be right I am a little edgy I do need snow, I was just adding more fuel to the already burning fire. I'm not taking any of the brand loyalty, brand bashing stuff seriously just having a little fun. But in all honesty when Maxwell says he wasn't trying to start a "brand war" with the original post, I call BS, the kid is smarter than that. I will agree that it probably wasn't the reason he posted but where else would a thread like this go, pats on the back and a BRP love in, I highly doubt it. Anyways nice pistons.

Pg 1 Lanko.......

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Im glad everyone kissed and made up lol. I really dont know how everything blew up so bad in the first place. You see what happens when your a dick all the time maxwell? When you try and NOT be a dick.... everyones like........ OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHH THAT PEICE OF #$%& IS DOING THAT ON PURPOSE............EVERYONE GET HIM! THE STREETS WILL FLOW WITH THE BLOOD OF MAXWELL!!!"

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
16 PAGES REALLY LMAO.......

I think everyone needs to bring the talk to the hill and see what happens,,, Im just curious lol,, maybe mountain mania 5? anyone

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
16 PAGES REALLY LMAO.......

I think everyone needs to bring the talk to the hill and see what happens,,, Im just curious lol,, maybe mountain mania 5? anyone

Uh oh.. Maxwell he just called you a pussy! lol jk jk

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
now warhawk, i for one had an 08 with 5,500km on it. i also rode with ya, the 08 xp outclimbed ya by a very conservative 150 to 300 ft higher as in run out of mountain, with me or my young lad riding, it was his second time, i recall you were on a kitty, you want to try it on yer polaris, you seem to blame everything on the rental xp you bought, it may not have been looked after as well, anyway i'll still give ya a go uphill or on the flats.

LARRY HELLO LARRY.:nono: If you remember that was my FIRST time for me in the big hills in SIX years. I will be the first to say that i was not pushing myself to the limit that weekend that I rode in Golden with you,your son and MODMAN. I was just happy to be out and still have a sled to take home with me.

Last year i was in the mountians 9 times and yes i have a little more confidence in my abilitys.:eek:

:)ALSO the summit had a brand new engine put in it and was set up with a dj clutch kit it was GONE thru completely. Not sure if you remember i do work on these products for a living. My problem with the 2010 was it was hard to lay over (my opinion) comparing it to a 08 m8 that i had and also comparing it to my buddys 2010dragon. I LIKE the feeling of how a cat and polaris ride. Yes the polaris engine might be a ? and im hoping it will hold together for a couple thousand miles. It seems that they have it fixed for 11,12 time will tell, crossing my fingers.
:rolleyes:
In the end larry what did it cost you to put the SHORT BLOCK in yours? just curious. yours was also a rental from the same place i bought mine. Yes you got alot more k than i got out of mine and yours was a 2008.
I pulled my engine down as a percautionary thing as i know that brp has had a few issues with the 800r engine. THIS is the only reason i feel that mine didnt gernade completly. Probably if i would have left mine alone it might have made a extra 1000kms like yours.
I also would of had to POSSIBLY bought a short block for 3+ grand. I didnt feel confident in leaving it as when I go to the mountians i like to take every opertunity to make sure i have as RELIABLE equipment as i can.

Writing this with a cast on my foot. I will take you up on this offer Larry to ride with you as well. It will have to be late feb/early march

Maybe if Maxwell is reading this I can hook up with both of you and enjoy a ride. Like i said before if high marking is a way to tell who is king of the hill im not really interested. I look at the overall feel of the sled how it handles etc. This is why i bought a pro, rode one last year and LOVED the feel of the sled when i was in the trees, LOVED the sidehilling ability of it as well. Was it powerful ?? felt like it had abit more power than my 08 cat but felt really clean. The 2010 summit i had had good power and i liked it for that. i didn't like the handling of it, felt heavy up front. Yes from what i have read and heard from friends that say the new narrow front end has made a huge difference. cant wait to try one this year. As for the engine I still have a ?mark about the 800etec/ptec it is still the same crank time willl tell how it stands up.

Hopefully we can all hook up and have a ride together. would love to give somebody like maxwell or larry that ride the mountians lots my sled so they can show me what its capable of. I am just a flatlander trying to play a mountian mans game.

love this site:beer:

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
LARRY HELLO LARRY.:nono: If you remember that was my FIRST time for me in the big hills in SIX years. I will be the first to say that i was not pushing myself to the limit that weekend that I rode in Golden with you,your son and MODMAN. I was just happy to be out and still have a sled to take home with me.

Last year i was in the mountians 9 times and yes i have a little more confidence in my abilitys.:eek:

:)ALSO the summit had a brand new engine put in it and was set up with a dj clutch kit it was GONE thru completely. Not sure if you remember i do work on these products for a living. My problem with the 2010 was it was hard to lay over (my opinion) comparing it to a 08 m8 that i had and also comparing it to my buddys 2010dragon. I LIKE the feeling of how a cat and polaris ride. Yes the polaris engine might be a ? and im hoping it will hold together for a couple thousand miles. It seems that they have it fixed for 11,12 time will tell, crossing my fingers.
:rolleyes:
In the end larry what did it cost you to put the SHORT BLOCK in yours? just curious. yours was also a rental from the same place i bought mine. Yes you got alot more k than i got out of mine and yours was a 2008.
I pulled my engine down as a percautionary thing as i know that brp has had a few issues with the 800r engine. THIS is the only reason i feel that mine didnt gernade completly. Probably if i would have left mine alone it might have made a extra 1000kms like yours.
I also would of had to POSSIBLY bought a short block for 3+ grand. I didnt feel confident in leaving it as when I go to the mountians i like to take every opertunity to make sure i have as RELIABLE equipment as i can.

Writing this with a cast on my foot. I will take you up on this offer Larry to ride with you as well. It will have to be late feb/early march

Maybe if Maxwell is reading this I can hook up with both of you and enjoy a ride. Like i said before if high marking is a way to tell who is king of the hill im not really interested. I look at the overall feel of the sled how it handles etc. This is why i bought a pro, rode one last year and LOVED the feel of the sled when i was in the trees, LOVED the sidehilling ability of it as well. Was it powerful ?? felt like it had abit more power than my 08 cat but felt really clean. The 2010 summit i had had good power and i liked it for that. i didn't like the handling of it, felt heavy up front. Yes from what i have read and heard from friends that say the new narrow front end has made a huge difference. cant wait to try one this year. As for the engine I still have a ?mark about the 800etec/ptec it is still the same crank time willl tell how it stands up.

Hopefully we can all hook up and have a ride together. would love to give somebody like maxwell or larry that ride the mountians lots my sled so they can show me what its capable of. I am just a flatlander trying to play a mountian mans game.

love this site:beer:

If you want... You can give it to me and I can show you what its NOT capable of...I am very skilled and knowledgable in that area. I can tell you pretty much EXACTLY WHERE you DO NOT want to take a tree impact on the machine... And If you point out any part on the sled... I can pretty much tell you how much it would cost to replace. ALSO.... I am very skilled in being able to tell by diameter.... Which trees will fall over upon impact... and which will not. ALSO.... I can give you some tips.... Such as.... Do not ride behind maxwell thinking just becuase you dont see a brakelight... doesnt mean he isnt stopping... becuase he doesnt have a brakelight....This was discovered at the end of last year. And I can also tell... Strapping fireworks to your tunnel... Does NOT make it climb higher.. And if you ever need someone to ride out in front and skid off every single corner off the trail so you know how to slow down... Give me a shout!

Last edited:
Top Bottom