miled out skidoo piston

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never denied an XP might take the highmark, but what I get a laugh out of is how many more calories an XP rider burns trying to keep up to a Cat or Poo in the trees. Ya, they can do it, but why exert that much energy when there are better options available ??

Sent from my iPhone when I should be working.

i can say with confidence you have not ridden a 2011+ xp.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never denied an XP might take the highmark, but what I get a laugh out of is how many more calories an XP rider burns trying to keep up to a Cat or Poo in the trees. Ya, they can do it, but why exert that much energy when there are better options available ??

Awesome! Finally someone that is not to thick headed to realize that there other brands out their other than DOO.

Sent from Tapatalk

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Finally someone that is not to thick headed to realize that there other brands out their other than DOO.

Sent from Tapatalk

Nope, no thick head here. LOL !! Maxwell, I hope I get the chance to ride a new XP. It's only taken Doo four years to figure out how to try and make an XP handle the way a mountain sled should. I'd love to try one and see if they got it right.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its pretty close. all user preference. all i do is ride mountains and i prefer the old stance. just because it pulls over easy doesnt mean it will shine in other situations.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its pretty close. All user preference. All i do is ride mountains and i prefer the old stance. Just because it pulls over easy doesnt mean it will shine in other situations.

so ditch bangin is out of the question......eh

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its pretty close. all user preference. all i do is ride mountains and i prefer the old stance. just because it pulls over easy doesnt mean it will shine in other situations.

For me (and many others), the Pro absolutely shines in 99.9% of the situations we'll ever see in the mountains. It is ridiculously easy to ride. After riding a Pro numerous times last season, I know I'll ride longer and harder on my Pro than any other chassis I've been on. Doo has many good points, but say what you will Maxwell, "easiest to ride" isn't one of them.

Last edited:

jeffg463

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont buy brp stuff and talk about brp stuff on this website just for the fun of it. although it is entertaining.

the fact is they make the best product out of the box for mountain riding ( in my experience )

yes others will have bad experiences ( like you obviously ) and thats how you take your stance and this is how i take mine. from many years of successful funfilled seasons on my brp products with minimal issues.

i buy the best out of the box product in terms of reliability, power, throttle response, climbing ability, handling, weight. etc.

i wouldnt be buying brp product if i had to sacrifice any one of those items. so far i havent. if i did then we wouldnt be talking about this because i would be riding a polaris or a cat. but they just arent at the next level yet. ( maybe this year )

if my riding group was blowing 800r motors left right and center it wouldnt be worth it to keep riding them. just because its a better sled performance wise if it doesnt stand up it means nothing.

when i start seeing serious reliability issues with brp 800r motors i would switch. no questions asked. but you have to realize where i am coming from. just because i havent seen a high percentage of failures doesnt mean it isnt happening. so your points are all valid about failures on the 800r. i dont turn a blind eye to that. it just hasnt been my personal experience. now if i was in your position with a minefield full of grenading 800r motors i would be looking towards the other team also.

again i would like to remind you that brp moves more product in a season than any other brand. so if they all fail at the same rate your going to hear more brp issues. again i dont think the 800r is ANY MORE reliable than the next brand. i just beleive you hear about it more simpply because of the sales #s.

the day i see a cat or a polaris in factory form blow by me on the hill with a sled that i feel comfortable riding i will be on one the next season.

this site rags on me for being brand biased. well...i ride what works. period. at this stage of the game that happens to be BRP.

i welcome you to come for a ride with us and show me what your pro rmk or m8 has for 2012. im not afraid to be beat on the hill and humiliated on this site. just hasnt happened yet...shouldnt say that. theres a few photos floating around im not proud of LOOOL.

btw. brp is not perfect. theres many things they can improve on with the xp. a floating secondary and better running boards would be the first thing i would change.

let it snow..run that ya brung...there all fun.
frick you are such a liar you'd ride skidoo if they came out with a set of pedals instead of a engine. you think you're fooling anybody with Your "I only ride the best" fag talk. I really get a kick out of the brand wars but you being MAXWELL have to take it to the next level. If you weren't out to stir ch!t why didn't you post under the skidoo section? if it was only an advisory for the team you ride with. being a good rider doesn't automatically elevate you to being a good person

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe ill pick one up for my 90th birthday.

LMAO !!! Well, I haven't quite reached 90, but although I'm older than you, I've always believed easier is better. My motto is "Work smarter, not harder".

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
frick you are such a liar you'd ride skidoo if they came out with a set of pedals instead of a engine. You think you're fooling anybody with your "i only ride the best" fag talk. I really get a kick out of the brand wars but you being maxwell have to take it to the next level. If you weren't out to stir ch!t why didn't you post under the skidoo section? If it was only an advisory for the team you ride with. Being a good rider doesn't automatically elevate you to being a good person

wow!.............

Top Bottom