Migraines when it snows

jaake67

Reaction score
I also get them a day or two before rain or a snowfall. My daughter does also. Ours are sinus headaches hurt like hell. We get them in different spots, hers is forhead between the eye's and mine is usually above the eyes, from there they go out to the whole head. Those mediy pot rinses help a bit if you do them lots. But once I feel it coming on it advil cold and sinus is the only one that works for us. Take as soon as you feel it and every 4 hrs or so. It seems to help on most of them but not all.

good luck

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try testosterone treatments, apparently when you have this in your system, severe migraines become normal headaches and it's off to work you go!

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had full-blown migraines since I was a teenager. Had a crap load of tests over the years to make sure there was nothing funny goin on up there :p cuz of how bad they can be. I don't take anything, never have...just spend 12-18 hours in bed with no movement, no light, no sound, no smells...and sick as a dog. I generally know exactly when and how long and just wait it out. Once the aura hits, I'm toast and have about half an hour to find a place to spend the next day in solitude. Mine are triggered from outside sources as well as from shifts in hormones and barometric pressure...when the hormones and pressure happen together, that's when the doozies happen. I have a chemical sensitivity as well and some smoke, chemical smells, exhaust etc are triggers for me too...yes, even my sled can trigger a migraine...and our diesel truck also has to be run strategically around me too..and we use the recirc alot...and the lady with the bad perfume in the checkout line, that one does me in quite often :(

I have a great book on them and the effects on your brain and what happens when a migraine occurs. I tracked my triggers and try to avoid them at times a migraine is most likely to be triggered. It's helped over the years to control them a bit, but I'm finding in the last couple years they are getting more common again...must be a hormonal thing as I'm getting 'older'. LOL. :rolleyes:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had full-blown migraines since I was a teenager. Had a crap load of tests over the years to make sure there was nothing funny goin on up there :p cuz of how bad they can be. I don't take anything, never have...just spend 12-18 hours in bed with no movement, no light, no sound, no smells...and sick as a dog. I generally know exactly when and how long and just wait it out. Once the aura hits, I'm toast and have about half an hour to find a place to spend the next day in solitude. Mine are triggered from outside sources as well as from shifts in hormones and barometric pressure...when the hormones and pressure happen together, that's when the doozies happen. I have a chemical sensitivity as well and some smoke, chemical smells, exhaust etc are triggers for me too...yes, even my sled can trigger a migraine...and our diesel truck also has to be run strategically around me too..and we use the recirc alot...and the lady with the bad perfume in the checkout line, that one does me in quite often :(

I have a great book on them and the effects on your brain and what happens when a migraine occurs. I tracked my triggers and try to avoid them at times a migraine is most likely to be triggered. It's helped over the years to control them a bit, but I'm finding in the last couple years they are getting more common again...must be a hormonal thing as I'm getting 'older'. LOL. :rolleyes:

this explains it all while we were in high school :cool:

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol... noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I'd lose my mind if there was no snow. My friend has a winter home in AZ. We keep in touch, she's gardening and roping in outdoor arenas while I'm out shredding.

Maybe one day I'll outgrow them. I tried Imatrex, it kind of worked.

Does anyone know why a more narrow valley, would effect migraines? How does it manipulate the barometric pressure? Is there any correlation with altitude and migraines?
Migranes are the worst get them for 2 days every once in awhile found acuapuncture works and deep tissue massage havent had em for a while. Ya Arizona nice place to visit.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try testosterone treatments, apparently when you have this in your system, severe migraines become normal headaches and it's off to work you go!

I think with the testosterone type of headache one has to insert their head firmly inside a posterior glutius maximus cavity for long periods of time. Perhaps you can tell us how that is workin for ya.....

baa ha haa... I make me laugh
:p

crushd

Reaction score
I used to get headaches due to barometric pressure changes when a Chinook would roll in, the only thing that would take it away were Tylenol cold and sinus.

K

Kavaleen

I went down with one yesterday and didn't surface until late last night. I try two advil migraines and a screeming hot bath then sleep. If that doesn't work I take an imatrex as a last resort. Then I sleep like a drugged baby with a headache. lol

Top Bottom