Might need a new tv any reccomendations

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a panasonic viera 46" full hd plasma its under 2 years old.The thing is the thing will not turn on. Been on the internet and found out its a problem with the tv.Going to call panasonic tomorrow and see what they can do if not i need a new tv.Anyone got any good ideas maybe thinking of a LED but if not another plasma thanks john

jono.2

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have bought 3 samsung LCD's in the last couple of years, 42" 46" and 52". All have been great on all accounts. No problems with any of them and they have a great screen and good sound.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have bought 3 samsung LCD's in the last couple of years, 42" 46" and 52". All have been great on all accounts. No problems with any of them and they have a great screen and good sound.

Thank you im tempted by a samsung

carguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Pioneer Elite Plasma which is the best imo. Unfortunately Pioneer is no longer making plasma tv's because no one wants to pay the price for their tv's and they have been undercut by inferior brands which most find are good enough. Too bad.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 42" Samsung LCD in the bedroom and like it a lot, have a 43" Hitachi project in the living room. When the time comes I will be changing out the Hitachi for an 50+ LED,.. although I have had the Hitachi for close to 9yrs,.. I have been very impressed.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we have a samsung and a sony lcd and i like the samsung alot more the picture just seems better on the samsung. my 2 cents

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a big geek, so I'll throw in my two cents and hopefully they buy you something nice...

I have a 52" Sharp, which was top of the line when purchased in 2007. It's so dated compared to this years technology, I find myself almost completely turned off the brand altogether. Personally I won't buy one of them again, knowing the issues I have had with this unit in the last 3 years.

I agree, Pioneer made some of the best Plasmas the market had seen. It had deep, rich blacks and vibrant colors. However, Pioneer no longer makes TVs, so even if you could find one for sale, there's no point in investing in a dead brand.

Samsung is arguably the king of the hill in the LCD TV world at the moment. They've held that stand for the last 3-4 years purely based on overall reviews of their units. I intended my next purchase to be a Samsung 9000 series, which is the same width as a pencil. Space-age technology aside, this thing is damn sexy.

HOWEVER...

A brand I had not paid any attention to is really shaking the industry up this year with their new line of TV's, and their crazy price points.

Vizio had been considered the "cheap" tv manufacturer for many years until it released a line of TVs last year which were loaded with top of the line features, coupled with a price that makes you think it's stolen. This year, they are going for a hat trick in releasing a full lineup of "LED 3D wirelessHD super duper TV"... I added the super duper cause they are priced literally thousands below the comparable models from LG, Sharp or Samsung. They currently have a 46" and a 52" available (I've seen them at Costco), which is an older model that features all the latest technology EXCEPT 3D and internet connectivity. So if you don't mind not being able to view Youtube, check the weather or view your stocks on your TV while watching TV, then you can go ahead and pickup a TV tomorrow. But if you wait a little while, you can join 2010 as far as TV technology goes when they release their new lineup, which so far looks to be the best bang for the buck compared to anything out there right now.

To make all men drool this year, they are adding a SEVENTY-TWO inch LED 3D TV to their lineup this year, complete with every freaking feature you could imagine. it's not going to be available until around August sometime, but if you can hold out I'm feeling pretty confident it'll be worth the wait. Vizio has stated they will be making a big push into the Canadian market in 2010, so I'm feeling like our odds are good of getting a unit as soon as the hit the market in the US. I intend to pick up the first 72" that finds it's way to Alberta.

Check the link for a little more info...
Super Duper TV

and then drool over the thought of it in your media room by watching this video...
XVT PRO 72 inch TV

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had a 42 samsung lcd and a bose system installed 6 months ago and had my satalite upgraded to high def picture and sound is just amazing can't watch the old tv looks like it's out of focus

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have the Samsung 6 series in a 46'' Consumer reports #1 at the time(1 year ago) and are quite happy with it.

Consumer reports up until now (don't have latest report) has consistently rated the Samsung and Sony as #1 depending on size.

LED is more expensive but much more economical to run. The heat emitted by LCD's is impressive, especially if you need to heat the basement.

Tamorist has the Sony and are quite happy with it I believe.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i have a panasonic viera 46" full hd plasma its under 2 years old.the thing is the thing will not turn on. Been on the internet and found out its a problem with the tv.going to call panasonic tomorrow and see what they can do if not i need a new tv.anyone got any good ideas maybe thinking of a led but if not another plasma thanks john

where did you buy it........ Most box stores have a 2 or 3 year warranty on the tv's now days.........just sayin'.............
Did you contact the selling store yet?

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 42 inch sharp aquos. going on 4 years and no problems

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a 50" LG plasma for over a year very happy with it and the price was great. My dad has a 50" Sony DLP after only a year and a half the bulb burnt out was like a $300 fix, not impressed at all, especially considering the premium price of Sony to begin with. As far as plasma brands, panasonic, lg and samsung are all very good.

Plasmas are disappearing because they are getting old and outdated like tube, projection, DLP, and everything else. LCD and LED will be outdated soon enough to.....

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just picked up at 52" 6series lcd samsung and it is def awesome! not too pricey either : )

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where did you buy it........ Most box stores have a 2 or 3 year warranty on the tv's now days.........just sayin'.............
Did you contact the selling store yet?

I called panasonic and they say i have to pay to get it reconditioned.I could not belive that i paid $2300 under two years ago for a tv that now does not turn on.I said to the lady that is not right at all so now i have to pay to get it fixed.Im not sure how much that would be but im sure it will cost alot.So it looks like they will not help me so might have to just go and buy a new tv.Im going to call future shop see what they say.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Samsung L.C.D. is the only way to go ...Mine downstairs is a 46'' L.C.D. L.E.D..It is amazing .129 Hertz.Touch of color series 6..Everyone that watches it is amazed it is that clear.Internet capable and a whole bunch of other stuff i don't understand...LOL.Around 2 grand from Visions

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a panasonic viera 46" full hd plasma its under 2 years old.The thing is the thing will not turn on. Been on the internet and found out its a problem with the tv.Going to call panasonic tomorrow and see what they can do if not i need a new tv.Anyone got any good ideas maybe thinking of a LED but if not another plasma thanks john
60 inch LGs onn at costco for 1700...... I got one and my buddy has the same one last two years...no problems....

Top Bottom