Might be jumping ship

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been a loyal skidoo guy for years currently on a 17 850 154x3, thinkin it may be time to try a dif brand have tried the ctec 19 cat and older 800 polaris havnt tried the 850 yet. Wanting to stick to the 154 length, but prob go back to a 2.5 or so track. Whats the new 850 polaris like noticeable power increase over the 800? Any other guys switch brands to cat or polaris pros and cons?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat 800 with a forward post you will feel right at home and have a decent machine. Best down grade you can do hands down

Holy shat max that is the nicest thing you have ever said about Artic Cat, that right there is like parental approval!
Including my dad's sled I had been on Doo about 40 years. Lots of them. Not missing them at all this year with the Alpha. The switch really opened my eyes that Doo isn't all that and a bag of chips - just a lot of hype and good marketing really for an average product.

Cat Polaris Doo all just as capable in the right hands. They all are a bit different to ride/handle Mr. 11 so ride them all to decide.
Clutching, track and sled durability all superior on the Cat. May be an 800 but power is right there also.
I can assure you that you will NOT miss the doolaid once you sober up.
Have fun testing and choosing.

Last edited:

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have ridden the polaris 850 a fair bit and compared my Alpha to it. They are neck and neck. Both are fun to ride. The Alpha has a better stock track than 2.6” on the 850. Will depend on snow conditions which is better on the hill. Some good rebates on the Alpha right now if you check.

dgjordan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 18 and 19 cat is awesome.if ur a Doo guy like me you will prefer the lay down post.that being said I have owned all three brands of new sled and I find my self always coming back to doo.i think skidoo will benefit from losing tmotion and going to a second shock in rear.they are all good but honestly I have owned allot of sleds and there is just something about the skidoo that just feels more reliable and solid each and every time.#thatskidoofeeling??

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clutching, track and sled durability all superior on the Cat.

Interesting note on the clutching. Was there a huge improvement this year? Rode a 18 Cat last season didn't think it was even close to Polaris clutching.

One comment on the durability as well, the Cat tunnels seem to be weaker than a pop can lol

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya we lost the cat and polaris dealership in town so all we got left is skidoo and yamaha which also makes it tougher to change brands but been dooped by brp a few times on this 850 and makes it hard to want to continue to support them. This is the first year no belt issues on my 850 and now my track is falling apart

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya we lost the u cat and polaris dealership in town so all we got left is skidoo and yamaha which also makes it tougher to change brands but been dooped by brp a few times on this 850 and makes it hard to want to continue to support them. This is the first year no belt issues on my 850 and now my track is falling apart

So if you bought again. Would you go 3” or 2.5”?? I ride mostly here but 3-6days west. Really hung up on 2.5” as the one to have
Opinion might change t a kitty after riding buddies alpha next weekend

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im going to go back to a 2.5 as i have a short track for home but its nice to rip around on the 154 every once in a while. The 3 works good but its a wheelie monster till u get the skid figured out. For most mountain days the 2.5 works great i find.

So if you bought again. Would you go 3” or 2.5”?? I ride mostly here but 3-6days west. Really hung up on 2.5” as the one to have
Opinion might change t a kitty after riding buddies alpha next weekend

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More so his -that i’d lower my standards that much to finally ride a cat haha.
He’s on here so be a good beak fest Friday when we get to hills

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now you sound like maxwell, must have just downed a bucket of doolaid concentrate.

Can feel the jealous vibes from here.....lol

Doolaid is cheaper by the gallon.

This thread is derailed and we need more popcorn now

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been a loyal doo guy myself. But i just bought an alpha due to the fact the 850 doo is not all its cracked up to be, its got to many down sides compared to upsides. I like to think of the gen 4 like a dodge.... motors great... but everything around it.... well you know the rest.

Top Bottom