Mercury Stern Drive Rebuild or Remanufactured?

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the best option to fix a Mercury upper and lower unit?
Have one rebuilt by a local mechanic or send the old one in and get a remanufactured one?
Also where around Calgary or southern Alberta is best place to get best option…?

I have the full shop manuals and could take a shot at doing it myself but I don't want any problems or surprises since we have such a short boating season...

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy borrowed my boat. Hit a rock with the stainless prop and broke off the lower keel on the lower leg. A new unit was 10g. Had a place near Edmonton find a used lower leg case, transfer parts and fix things including prop and it came out to 4g. My boat isn't even worth 10g lol

Can't help you with your location but giving a heads up about what this crap costs.

BOAT = BRING OUT ANOTHER THOUSAND!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are places online that sell new (mercury compatible…) complete upper and lower units and install kits and anodes for under $2000 plus shipping. Not sure I would be comfortable with the quality of these although they give a 3 year warranty. Sterndrive Engineering Inc Boat Sterndrive, Outboard Lower Unit, Sterndrive Engineering

Anyone have experience with these or similar?

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
If its an alpha one there are a million around. I would just get a rebuild one. Even with that you need an alignment tool to reinstall it properly.

Top Bottom