Melted belt

05765scott

Reaction score
2014 pro was out riding today in about a foot of powder on river today low elevation weights, noticed a bog around 6500 hit throttle climbs to 7400ish dropped to 6800is then starts to clear up pulled phone out to record it but melted quick drive belt. Sled shed can on sled other wise stock. Belt separated rode back to truck checked out and the belt that was closet to the can already started to melt. 1300kms on sled. So far upper structure glue let go, busted quick drive bolt now melted a belt and a half melted belt. Any one melt a belt from can? Oh also gave can a good shake nothing let go in it.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
read on other threads that can is melting plastics a foot away from it. maybe switch to another can or try building a heat deflector. ceramic coating is 80$

05765scott

Reaction score
I switched back to stock can to try, going to look for some big vents, coating is a good idea, what's a good set of vents to buy? Any ideas about the bog?

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
could be your primary spring. i had one break around 700km, just the tip and i didnt notice. caused a bog and the rpm to vary from 6500 to 7500

sounds like you were tearing chit up producing to much heat eh?

check out the frog skinz or these http://www.moflowvents.com/polaris/pro-rmk/

Last edited:

BIGHORN1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i also had a strange bog that i thought was an engine issue and turned out to be a mushed out primary spring. changed out the spring and back to full rpm's

05765scott

Reaction score
They are all good ideas thank you, just want to know am I the only person to take a mountain sled out for a rip on a river and melt a belt?

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I switched back to stock can to try, going to look for some big vents, coating is a good idea, what's a good set of vents to buy? Any ideas about the bog?
Call the shop we have lots of venting in stock 780-963-0080 thanks Chris.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ride my 13 pro local all the time.Has a thing can,1250 miles and still on original belt.Maybe you have a brake dragging causing extra heat.
They are all good ideas thank you, just want to know am I the only person to take a mountain sled out for a rip on a river and melt a belt?

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

no belts can melt anywhere anytime. but it does sound like your having a lot of heat issues.

Top Bottom