Mega mayhems in mud and snow???

Trout hunter

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the forum! I was just wondering if the mega mayhems would be a good tire for mud and snow, or should I go with zillas? Chime in on other tires also !

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with zillas IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mega mayhems will suck in the snow. Too hard of rubber compound . Zillas great all around, MM will pull slightly better in mud , ride ay rougher and weigh more... Both good middle of the road mud/ trail tire.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
monster mayhems for the win.

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to say mud mega mayhems all the way. They work great in the mud. But like said not as good in the snow. They are hard in colder temps. But I ran my in the winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for snow zillas are good choice, work good in mud as well, very light weight, less money, but have lighter sidewalls. they would be a better all round trail tire than the mayhems. they also ride smoother.

Trout hunter

Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the input! I have ordered a 2" lift and was gonna get 28" tires but just know that the zillas run small do the mega mayhems run true to size? And also what are you inputs on 29.5 swamplites?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pump the zilla tires to 25 pounds leave them for 3-4days in the sun, they will stretch to true size, same as mayhems.

as to mr artic cats mst's I have not seen anyone running them, they are popular in the states, but i'm thinking they may be pricey? 28 zillas are $640 +/_ in AB.

OP in Maine may find better pricing than us up here in Canada eh!

Last edited:

Trout hunter

Reaction score
Is it true that if you over inflate the tires the shell will expand to true size and then you can air down?

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put a set of 28" Mega Mayhems on my new 900 Ranger. I think they are a tougher tire than the Zilla for heavier machines. Seem to have great traction!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes. so do u want tires for mud or all round riding? what kind of terrain do you ride in maine, muddy loamy loon snot, or more gravely rocky trails with some mud thrown in? tire choice will make a big difference! zilla's n mayhems are more mud trail oriented

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put a set of 28" Mega Mayhems on my new 900 Ranger. I think they are a tougher tire than the Zilla for heavier machines. Seem to have great traction!

yes they have a heavier sidewall, I have the 30's on mine, would like a 12 wide tire on rear though.

Trout hunter

Reaction score
I ride in most terrains right from think loamy snot on power lines to rocky hard bottom water holes. I would get ol2's but in maine they band snorkels so I really have no use for that type of tire. I also use my wheeler all winter long for ice fishing and in the fall there's usually snow to when I'm out deer hunting.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride in most terrains right from think loamy snot on power lines to rocky hard bottom water holes. I would get ol2's but in maine they band snorkels so I really have no use for that type of tire. I also use my wheeler all winter long for ice fishing and in the fall there's usually snow to when I'm out deer hunting.

brute force, now running mud lights? how have those tires been working for where u ride? zilla's would be lose to the same, maybe a bit more mud capable? the mayhems even more mud tire. any lift? small lift and 28 zillas may work well for you? looks like you need a winch also.

Last edited:
Top Bottom