Meadowveiw Poker Rally March 2 2013

Iamcatman

Reaction score
I will be there, M8 on truck lol this has been my favorite rally around the westlock/barrhead area since I started riding!! Good powder, good trails and a lot of good terrain!! Hope to see u guys there!

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds good, working on the mapping of the route tonight, I have been sledding here nearly 40 years and the snow is. In great condition. The area has a lot of variety of terrain. Just finished a 185km trip today! river%20run%20km.jpg

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
An update for the rally
Still a go for this coming saturday. snowing out right now with 5cm predicted.
We finished staking the route last night and the snow is fantastic. There is a lot of knee deep snow to play in as I had to scold the trail group to keep them from tearing it up, so it is still there for your boon docking enjoyment. The rally appears to be in the 70-80km range and am excited for a good turnout. I think this will be awesome conditions with forcasted double digit weather, the snow in this area is very sheltered so is not wind beaten and still plentyful. Lots of nice open rolling fields, scenic trails, and areas to let you sqaush the throttle or get the turbos spooled if you wish. The trail is good for all levels of riders and encourage the young ones to come out and play, this is my 3 year old daughters third rally this month and she is excited to see all her friends(sledders) come out. Cash for winning hands, door prizes, raffles, consession at hall and checkpoint 3 with a fire to roast the dogs. Come support a small community and help make this years rally the best success, with the weather, snow conditions and the route dont think there will be a better one. Below is a map, an hour drive from whitecourt or edmonton
Rally Map 2 001.jpg

Attachments

• Rally Map 001.jpg
    Rally Map 001.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be there, M8 on truck lol this has been my favorite rally around the westlock/barrhead area since I started riding!! Good powder, good trails and a lot of good terrain!! Hope to see u guys there!

Will be on a black T-Nytro, look forward to meeting you, going to be a good time

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Little bit of fresh snow monday night, forecast still for +8 saturday

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be on a black T-Nytro, look forward to meeting you, going to be a good time

Careful that the turbo don't suck in some cob webs when you try to beat my cat! Lol! Going to be an awesome day with some heckling.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Careful that the turbo don't suck in some cob webs when you try to beat my cat! Lol! Going to be an awesome day with some heckling.

Bring it on, have a few spots picked out to show you why cat wanted to team up with yamaha. Hope the cob webs falling off dont obstruct your view, shouldn't be an issue the distance you will be behind lol

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope so! Then that's it I will quit riding. Insurance claim coming soon after all the spare gas is used to try and extinguish the fire.

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where exactly is the staging area? Do we register in Cherhill at the hall?

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The staging area is at the meadowview hall. It is 12 miles down the 764 highway.

rvbull

Reaction score
how muck does it cost and do you send out in groups or every 1 for them selfs to go out?

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how muck does it cost and do you send out in groups or every 1 for them selfs to go out?

$20 entry fee includes two tickets to use for a hotdog and pop at the check point 3 bonfire and also includes your supper ticket. Additional riders or silent partners are $5 each. There are four items up for raffle, two are beverage bottles and the other two are a set of superclamps and a $400 set of hockey tickets($2 each i think). There are about 5 table of door prizes of nice coats, shirts, hats, mugs, first aid kits, boostercables, even a cool wooden model of a semi truck ond so on. Then cash for the winning poker hand. There is also a liquor license so your buddy who came with you can have a beverage with his supper. The first hands can be drawn at 10:30am till noon and from there you are free to hit the trail at your pace alone , or in what ever size of group you wish, if riding alone just ask around for a group to hang out with to meet new people. It a small community with scenic trails, open fields and rolling hills, snow is still really good even with todays temps with some nice snow in areas to play in. Going to be a nice warm day to enjoy. The map is on the first page toward the bottom, but just head north of Hwy 43 at Cherhill on hwy 764 like 1100 said, will be at the school on the left just past secondary 654.

Last edited:
Top Bottom