Mcx 310 Driveline noise

800tundra

Reaction score
Had my Nytro up in the hills this weekend and noticed a thumping noise that increased as the track speed increased. Sounded as if something hitting as came around. I am sure it wasn't ratcheting as I would ease into it and it would still do it as speed increased.
Checked track tension. Its tight.
Tried cleaning snow off of wheels no help.
Checked all wheels in skid for bad bearings
Driveshaft seems like no play in bearings
Checked chain tension

Things I noticed.
Thought driver may have been off a bit but moved it over and did not help.
Driver on right side has some black marks on it
Have anti-stab wheels on but did notice they don't stick past the rail tips bout 3/16" shy
Missing a couple track clips.
Top of rear shock very close to track sometimes rubs.

Could the missing track clips be causing one driver to pull track more than other side and hitting front of sliders. Again . Track is very tight.
Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is the track ajuster the same at the back or do u have a bearing out on one of the idler wheels because it seems to be pulling on one side good luck

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks to me like the drivers are clocked off. Put a flat bar across and see how far the right one is twisted. Other than that release the track tension and check the drive shaft bearing in the chaincase.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It may be the camera angle, but that right avid driver doesn't look like it was pressed far enough to the left. It looks to be touching the rightside of the window. That will make noise with a slightly misaligned track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And that black on the driver is just slider material if that's the black marks your talking about and your track doesn't need to be tight with avid drivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an exact same noise coming from my apex.....I new it was speed related....I stopped to check tension of chain.....drove a couple hundered feet....still there.....checked belt.....good......well could not see anything abnormal till I stop just in the right spot and Iron racing saw my track was missing a chunk.....track lost about a 8 inch piece and the paddle was hitting front of bulk head......check your track!

JohnBoyTurbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run Timbersled Suspension in my Apex. I put the stock sized upper boagie wheels on mine to stop the track from rubbing on the shock. I knocked a few track clips as well. Seems like their rails need fresh rail tips all the time or they knock off track clips. When was the last time you changed your drive chain? Should change it at least every 2500km. One of my buddies had a jack shaft bearing go and it made some noise before it finally fell apart. Good Luck.

It could be the camera angle but your Rear H-arm looks slightly bent.

Last edited:

800tundra

Reaction score
Looked at H arm a few times and couldn't notice a bend. But that is the only thing I can see that would be only thing that would cause rear shock to come be closer to track. Will pull skid out when I get home to closer inspect. Chain was checked last year but am going to inspect again and change regardless (cheap insurance)

800tundra

Reaction score
Will inspect track again closer To see if their is large chunk missing as you guys mentioned
FYI though:
Someone ported holes in track before i bought sled and with 2 wheel kit on rear axle running over the ported holes I did notice when I was inspecting before that their was a small tear started.will be changing track regardless now.
So if anyone thinking of porting their boosted nytro track, think again.

Top Bottom