McBride details wanted

Assaulted

Reaction score
Hi,

Have never ridden in the area so need lots of into - looking for an alternative to Revy.

Type of terrain, distance from town, hotels, sled services, average season, snowfall - any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
normally we go in January i really enjoy riding there found great place to ride decent snow Lucille is a short ride up to summit good for short day rides .The
renshale is a 32 k.m ride in it can be rough sometimes there a large area to ride in there there a little bit everything for everybody there from newbies to
some wild climbs .The town is great met some good people there; night live is alot fun .You got two great sled shop there if you need help .Every year i ago
i take some one new there and they excited to get back there .The prices are
reasonable

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glen from spenddrift can help you more on the conditions and diffrent area
in the outback he a vender on the website

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We ride there a lot and if you take someone that knows there way around you are in for a treat.even throw out a post looking for someone to show you around.It is well worth the drive!
Search Mcbride and start reading,tons of pics on here as well!
catmando!

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Have never ridden in the area so need lots of into - looking for an alternative to Revy.

Type of terrain, distance from town, hotels, sled services, average season, snowfall - any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

3 main riding hills and all 3 trails are groomed. Belle is 5km from town and 5 up to parking lot, Lucille is 2 km from town and unload, Renshaw is 18 km from town and unload. Renshaw is 30 km trail ride to alpine, Belle is 12 km trail ride to alpine, Lucille is 13 km trail ride to alpine. All 3 have emergency shelters and Belle is easy to moderate, Lucille is easy to extreme, and Renshaw is moderate to extreme. Renshaw is the biggest and the most used area so the end of the day ride down can be a bit rough. If you ride mid week it is great.
A few B&B(4 now with a new one to open in Nov.) in town, 3 hotels, 2 sled shops
I rode last year from the end of Oct(not for everyone) to the end of June. Snow pack was down last year from 10-11 to 8-10. Average snow fall is estimated at an average of 18-22 last year but if we get alot of wind it all is gone.
Last year our 3 hills had no search and rescues-so lots of riding areas and smart riders.
If you need anything else let me know, I am at the Edmonton show as well as the Saskatoon show this year.

pirate31red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wont say ive hit every riding area but i must be close to 75% of them and mcbride is my fav by far not as crowded weather seems to be lil better people are great and renshaw is so so big i just love it

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you look on my profile i have a photo album with some pics of the mrn's around the area. Awesome riding here and like bbtoys said mid week can be a blast not busy and lots of area to play. We have a sled shop right on the highway as you come into town and we have alot of people phone us all winter for snow conditions updates and we gladly give people an honest and as up to date report as possible. We usually have alot of people go thru the shop in the morning and lots meet-up here for there ride. So could easily hook up with some riders in the am at the shop as others have done in the past. I lovin all the fresh up top and itchin to get out for a rip on the big kitty.

Top Bottom