MBRP race can fitment issues

vrscr43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Checking over my sled and I noticed black oils spots where the y-pipe mates with the exhaust pipe and also where the can mates to the other end of the exhaust.
Brand new sled and brand new can. Pulled off the top and looking straight down on the y-pipe exhaust pipe connection I can see its cocked a little bit.
Ran the sled in my garage and I definitely see exhaust blowing out of the top connection on the can.
I have only ran the sled for about 20 min in a farmers field.
I really had to juggle things around when I installed it, seemed like the build was off....
Anyways do you usually have to run these things for a bit before the can seals to the pipe?

Sled is a 2014 Summit X

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, the seals tend to leak when new and will "wear" in. They will seal even if they don't fit perfectly, but its not unusual to have a silencer that is too far out of spec and leaks. Maybe double up springs and give it some time if it looks close.
Also, new sleds will often have a lot of oil that leaks out the exhaust for the first ride or two...even with stock silencer.

vrscr43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I hear you, I probably just gotta get some miles on it....another week and a half!

pooch

Reaction score
Call who ever you bought it from and have them call there supplier, MBRP sent out a bunch of Race can's that were not built right. my dealer ended up sending all theres back for replacments.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree. They should fit perfectly. Never had any oil leaking out of all the MBRP cans I have run over the years. Gonna run a different brand this year. I think MBRP dropped the ball this year.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a batch of cans that came off the assembly line that had the wrong inlet welded on it, it was to short. For anyone with these problems please call Byron direct at mbrp he will be more than happy to look after you and your can no questions asked.

Thank you

Deano

vrscr43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Purchased a speciality sled can today, installed it and the fit was excellent.
I'm going to try and return the MBRP.
It may have been fine but i do not want to waste a day in the mountains screwing around with cans.

Top Bottom