May long.........Your doin what ??????

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure there is still snow west of rocky in the fall creek area was a foot or 2 in places 10 days ago there was quite a bit of snow out west of rocky in march

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, My parents live in Nordegg, yesterday they said its melting a ton up there and there is only snow in places where the sun never shines. I've spent most of my may long weekends in Nordegg riding and rarely ever see snow. But Nordegg is a bit different, with the mountains and elevations, etc. I've driven from Nordegg to Rocky before and a 10 degree temperature difference, Nordegg being always warmer.. but I've never done any riding out west of Rocky in spring (not sure if that is the Falls Creek area I'm thinking where we hold the Jamboree..?) so I'm curious about what the conditions would be like. Quadding i'm sure is no issue... but we will all be a group of bikers..

Still.. if anyone has any good info on where to random camp out that way and what conditions are like typically on May long weekends and wether or not its worth the trek for bikes, would be appreciated. Its a feat now trying to find a place to go for May Long, since my parents just recently shut their resort down in Nordegg our friends cant' come up there anymore so now we're pretty much forced to go camp and ride elsewhere. So time to do some exploring and scoping out new area's lol.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious.. what are conditions typically like in McLean Creek on May Long weekend.. is anyone planning to head that way this year?

gm3d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled is put away and I will be racing my Stock Car at Edmonton Internation Raceway (Wetaskiwin)

Rneddel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was going to go out this weekend. Tent, quad and food however it would have been quite chilly haha

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, My parents live in Nordegg, yesterday they said its melting a ton up there and there is only snow in places where the sun never shines. I've spent most of my may long weekends in Nordegg riding and rarely ever see snow. But Nordegg is a bit different, with the mountains and elevations, etc. I've driven from Nordegg to Rocky before and a 10 degree temperature difference, Nordegg being always warmer.. but I've never done any riding out west of Rocky in spring (not sure if that is the Falls Creek area I'm thinking where we hold the Jamboree..?) so I'm curious about what the conditions would be like. Quadding i'm sure is no issue... but we will all be a group of bikers..

Still.. if anyone has any good info on where to random camp out that way and what conditions are like typically on May long weekends and wether or not its worth the trek for bikes, would be appreciated. Its a feat now trying to find a place to go for May Long, since my parents just recently shut their resort down in Nordegg our friends cant' come up there anymore so now we're pretty much forced to go camp and ride elsewhere. So time to do some exploring and scoping out new area's lol.

So Ur parents owned the place on the north side of the highway ???

It's closed ??? That sucks.
Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So Ur parents owned the place on the north side of the highway ???

It's closed ??? That sucks.
Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

Yeah they were in the north sub, on Shunda Creek road.. the big lodge and cabins with the green tin roofs.. Colieum Mountain Resort is what it was called.. beside the Hostile..ya they shut er down for good, unfortunately. Very, very sad. We had a lot of friends that enjoyed coming up for weekends for riding and good times out there. They still live there, so we still get to go up and visit at least but yeah they are just tired of the business, they don't need the money from it anymore nor do they want the work involved. It was always a popular place and very busy to keep up with when only one person (my step mom) working it. It is currently for sale too, they've had it on the market for a year or so now just no good bites.

hedge

Reaction score
Just curious.. what are conditions typically like in McLean Creek on May Long weekend.. is anyone planning to head that way this year?

Maclean is usually a gong show on may long, mostly people that go out once a year and party hard. We regulars usually avoid it on may long.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maclean is usually a gong show on may long, mostly people that go out once a year and party hard. We regulars usually avoid it on may long.

Yeah good call eh.. I'm thinking the same, I think we're going to aim for the Rocky area..prob a bit of a gongshow as well but hopefully a little better than some of the other places.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
Movin' .... what a drag ... first May long EVER not out doing something lame.gif

i ford i

Reaction score
Originally working it; but decided to take a week off shift instead;

Haven't made official plans yet but i'm planning on some camping/quadding- where is anyones guess.

Top Bottom