Maxxis carnivores

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carnivores have been awesome to me. 1500 miles on my wildcat xx with them. I run lots of payment in between the trails out in my area. Lots of rock lots of mud trips to Cadomin. Personally I don’t like black water tires. IMO. All ITP tires are out of round and cause a vehicle to shake at high speeds and always have
2700 miles now. Wildcat xx worh 31”.
Still good. One flat only in cadomin and I picked up a bent bolt. I had to put a few tire plugs in one of them. Other than that one bolt they’ve been bulletproof.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a set of 32’s on my Rmax 2 last fall , used it a bit around here , and they are ok in mud and muskeg , certainly not as good as a mud tire but way way lighter. This winter put about 900 kms on in Arizona , pretty much all rocks and they are showing a lot of wear for only that many miles. I like the tire for weight and integrity and roundness , but IMO kind of a ok tire for everything but doesn’t shine in any one aspect . Quite a few cheaper better tires for all rocks and mountains , and not stellar in mud , I don’t think I’ll buy another set .

scramblerX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for recommendations for tires for a RZR 1000. 8 ply light weight (ish) All terrain. (usually ride west of Sundre) Mud, Hills, Trails, some rock. 30-32" size. I'm considering the Carnivore or Blackwater. Or if there's another tire someone can recommend? Thanks

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for recommendations for tires for a RZR 1000. 8 ply light weight (ish) All terrain. (usually ride west of Sundre) Mud, Hills, Trails, some rock. 30-32" size. I'm considering the Carnivore or Blackwater. Or if there's another tire someone can recommend? Thanks
System 3 XTR370, similar to Carnivore but based on others, better all around for wear, etc. Its a slightly heavier tire though. If mostly rocky terrain, I would get the Roxxzilla's. One of the best rated tires out there. For more of a hard pack tire, I would get the System 3 XC450.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They’re definitely not a mud tire. I have 3300 km on the Wolverine X2 and I’d say they have been really good. I can see them wearing down if you're hard on the pedal or taking corners at high speeds on hard grounds. I'm a pretty relaxed driver, mostly touring around Tumbler Ridge.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agree. If you are running a non-turbo, you will also have better luck with wear. The 180+ HP guys can/have lots of tire spin and its hard on tires.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I loved the carnivores on my general, jack of all trades kind of thing, master of none. Worked well, smooth at high speeds. I hate the muskeg and mud so didn’t care that they weren’t great in the slop. Worked good up around cadomin and Robb area. I could see them wearing fast on a turbo high hp machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom