Mary Gregg lake

dlc1960

Reaction score
Hello all,
A few of us are heading out to the Hinton area and camping in the Mary Gregg Lake area. Just wondering if anyone knows of good staging areas for a trip to Crystal Falls. One of the guys going used to work at Luscar mines a few years ago and is somewhat familiar with he area.
Any advise or input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I ride in the greg River area and know nothing abaout these falls. If its in the old mine site better be careful getting caught tresspassing

dlc1960

Reaction score
You can access Crystall Falls from the Cardinal Headwaters staging area. The "walk-in" point is on the the trail a short distance from the staging area. You have to walk about 100 m to the view point of Crystal Falls. Once there you can walk down to the bottom of the falls. Nice scenery and great pic's. Not to mention ice cold, crystal clear drinking water! The rest of the ride to the headwaters is very scenic and very rocky. Our GPS elevation was 7050 ft and it was very cold up there last week. The kids were'nt as impressed, but myself and the other two dads thought it was great. Hopefully anyone who rides it respects and stays on the trail. It would be a shame to lose a great trail like this one. We didn't find any garbage on this particular trail witch is nice, but there was signs of people going off the trail. It is a sensitive protested area and will be closed down if that kind of riding continues.

dlc1960

Reaction score
Sorry, forgot to mention that we found some great random camping on the Gregg river road. Lots of people from Hinton were out for the weekend. Some great trails right from our campsite.

Top Bottom