Marlon sled deck reviews/experience?

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Marlon, i'm On the fence whether I love it or just like it. I have spent a lot of time making it a better deck than it was when I purchased it. When purchased went straight to a welding shop to beef it up, tied the front legs together for swaying and added support to the back/rear bar where the ramps hook too ($500). They took my advice and now do the rear supports as part of there deck. Powder coating bubbled on the head ache rack and chipped on the slide/sides, Marlon replaced both with in months of owning. With in a 6-10 months I had to replace that Chinese plywood with real ply wood which I Stained and Canadian tire box lined, and now holding up real well (~$150). If I remember they may have replaced the slide out ply woods once on their dime.
As with every deck manufacturer I have looked at so far they all use cheap wiring and a lot of splicing! Which salt just loves to get in and corrode wires. I re-wired with -40'C HD Extension cord almost type wire and a weather tight Junction box, for all the power for all the lights to come in an out of (~$350). Have done Multiple minor other things to the deck to make it better, additional decking supports between the frame, larger stronger feet, repaired ramp number of times etc. (total ~$500). Have done some of these such as the wiring with other decks i have own too. I now am thinking about trying a different deck, this one serves its purpose just fine, but want to try something new.
I will say customer service at Marlon has been pretty good.

tpollon2

Reaction score
New Marlon Deck

Attachments

• DSC_0221.jpg
    DSC_0221.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 379
  • Marlon Xplore Trac Tie Down.jpg
    Marlon Xplore Trac Tie Down.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 397
  • Marlon Xplore Trac Tie Down (2).jpg
    Marlon Xplore Trac Tie Down (2).jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 367
  • Marlon Xplore Rear Corner.jpg
    Marlon Xplore Rear Corner.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 375
  • Marlon Xplore Rear and Decking.jpg
    Marlon Xplore Rear and Decking.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 414
  • Marlon Xplore Pro.jpg
    Marlon Xplore Pro.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 359
  • DSC_2824.jpg
    DSC_2824.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 356
  • DSC_2737.jpg
    DSC_2737.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 379
  • DSC_2701.jpg
    DSC_2701.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 381
  • DSC_2699.jpg
    DSC_2699.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 524
Last edited:

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like how they incorporate Supertrac into the side rails but is there that much strength in the side rails to use it as a rear tie down?

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how much for the new style? Id like to redeck mine as it never had superglides and the coating is starting to lift.

tpollon2

Reaction score
I like how they incorporate Supertrac into the side rails but is there that much strength in the side rails to use it as a rear tie down?
It is 100% strong enough to Hold down side x sides and ATV's. That is why it there.

tpollon2

Reaction score

Cat401
The Supertrac incorporated on the 45 degree angle is not meant to be a Rear Superclamp tie down location but for securing any kind of load in numerous locations. Typically, the Rear Superclamp which now comes standard with (12 inch Supertrac /Supertrac deck hook) are located on the inside of the sleds and flat on the deck or trailer floor.

Last edited:

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat401
The Supertrac incorporated on the 45 degree angle is not meant to be a Rear Superclamp tie down location but for securing any kind of load in numerous locations. Typically, the Rear Superclamp which now comes standard with (12 inch Supertrac /Supertrac deck hook) are located on the inside of the sleds and flat on the deck or trailer floor.

ok, I didn't see any hooks or inner supertrac in the pics or on the Marlon website. Must be something that gets installed later?

tpollon2

Reaction score
ok, I didn't see any hooks or inner supertrac in the pics or on the Marlon website. Must be something that gets installed later?

The 3 Front Superclamp locations are the standard screw style Superclamp deck hooks.Those locations do not change and come located by Marlon. On the XPLORE PRO only, The 2 Rear Superclamps come with Supertrac/Supertrac deck hooks. These locations are not known by the truck deck manufacturer. One might have 144" tracks or possibly a 174. Long box decks would have the Supertrac located on the main deck. Short box truck decks would have the Supertrac positioned on the extension. The consumer will likely install these after the sleds are on the truck deck. The Supertrac is an easy install needing only 3 bolts that are provided per 1 foot section of Supertrac.

Last edited:

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 3 Front Superclamp locations are the standard screw style Superclamp deck hooks.Those locations do not change and come located by Marlon. The 2 Rear Superclamps come with Supertrac/Supertrac deck hooks. These locations are not known by the truck deck manufacturer. One might have 144" tracks or possibly a 174. Long box decks would have the Supertrac located on the main deck. Short box truck decks would have the Supertrac positioned on the extension. The consumer will likely install these after the sleds are on the truck deck. The Supertrac is an easy install needing only 3 bolts that are provided per 1 foot section of Supertrac.

Makes sense....thanks for clarifying.
Very nice looking deck!

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
I will be running one of these explore pro decks this season and will have a video soon of the layout and all the bells and whistles and will do many more on the long term thoughts of the deck. The new deck is very sweet looking and has a lot of cool features for sure!

McGrath

Supporting Vendor, Alberta Cycle
Reaction score
I have what your looking for, although it's less then $3000.00. Call me at Alberta Cycle 780-477-3525
thx Mike

Top Bottom