Marking on Lucille?

OLIVE DRAB DEAN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With all the people lost this year why do guys still feel they have to mark up to the cornice's up on Lucille? They are big and ready to come down. Chances of one coming down when you are riding up to it are probly slim, ( being a cornice )but why take the chance. I was riding up there as well and maybe hitting hills I should not have, but to mark to within mere feet of the cornice? Not to sound like a broken record but ride safe, ride responsible. There is still good riding out there.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With all the people lost this year why do guys still feel they have to mark up to the cornice's up on Lucille? They are big and ready to come down. Chances of one coming down when you are riding up to it are probly slim, ( being a cornice )but why take the chance. I was riding up there as well and maybe hitting hills I should not have, but to mark to within mere feet of the cornice? Not to sound like a broken record but ride safe, ride responsible. There is still good riding out there.

you cann't fix stupid. evolution at work. Survival of the smartest

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

When I seen those marks this past Sunday it made me sick to my stomach. Some people just dont get it. I have a couple photos I will try to get up soon.

OLIVE DRAB DEAN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea those were made on Saturday, I got pic's of them marking also but dial up internet is slow. Wee's hillbillies here!

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
That is a HUGE cornice !!! I can see it from my back yard. Given the avalanche activity this year, it's anybody's guess if and when it will come down. Anyone under it when it goes will not come out alive. The Search and Rescue Team does not want to have to go out on another of those calls.

There are so many SAFE areas to ride here, there is no need to take risks like that.

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I too was up there this last weekend. What i saw was amazing. the search and rescue team were out retrieving 2 men in renshaw, (my condelences to the families and friends of the victims) and there were people on lucille that were highmarking right beside an avalanche that came down only 2 days before. Wow........

People play safe, there are tons of areas that are safer: the trees, small packed down hills away from rocks, ect.

When the sun beats on the exposed rocks that snow gets unstable.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those cornices come down every year, several times, guess we'll have to just let Darwin and Murphy do their work, as some just don't get it. I beleive the term is natural selection???

Top Bottom