March conditions 2015

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Hope this keeps up every night till the weekend!
Renshaw....trail was not very good up or back down but there is snow and ice on all of it from bottom to top. at the cabin there was no less than 3 feet of fresh overnite, it is heavy but very nice. started to get heavy at about 25 km and in the trees on the trail a ton of fresh overnite. a group at the cabin said it was 4 feet the further you got back from the cabin. rained up to about 18 km then snow and was snowing when I left this afternoon. no grooming tonite as it is to warm. the snow up top is for sure worth the rough trail up and down. play safe.

Mountainfreak

Reaction score
Hey guys! Im a experienced rider and would like to put at least one good day of riding this year, wondering if anyone would let me ride with there group saturday as i have no friends that are off this weekend. Never been to McBride either i would greatly appreciate it and welling to get everyone trying to follow my lines unstuck! Hahaha

gm3d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Higgins,
I'm surprised your kidneys have healed enough to let ya ride. Looked to me like there was a bit of Ceaser run away. Wish the Dogg and I were out there keepin ya honest.

cheers,

Don

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised your kidneys have healed enough to let ya ride. Looked to me like there was a bit of Ceaser run away. Wish the Dogg and I were out there keepin ya honest.

The runaway is over Don!!! We've toned it down, no riding yesterday or today! But tomorrow we will! Plus Hotrod had today off so we couldn't leave him out!!LOL.

Attachments

• Renshaw Mar. 2015 018.jpg
    Renshaw Mar. 2015 018.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 468

gads91

Reaction score
Had a great day at Renshaw on Sunday. Met up with Pete Gads, his nephew and 2 of his friends at the collection shack, and I was with Dean all weekend. I brought them in to the Anthills and the best part of the day was showing the young guys all the areas of fresh powder and seeing the smiles on there faces all day and them giving'er through the trees. Dean had a great day as well with a grin on all day, he's learned a lot in 2 days of riding on his new 15 summit. The snow was still great, we found several untouched honey holes all day. Pete, those young guys can sure go, non-stop all day. Some pics to follow.

Well the trail is starting to suffer from the warm weather. It was OK going up, starting to get wet and icy from the collection shack to the first bridge, then slightly rough up to about 12 km, after that it improved, after km 18 it was good all the way just past 28. The way down was good till about km 16 where there was some mud starting to poke through the trail, and icy in areas. From km 11 right to the collection shack it was fairly bumpy with ruts, and ice with water in areas. May not last to long with the water and ice and snow melting fast, it was totally worth it today though. And when we heading down it was starting to snow pretty good up top and both raining and snowing all the way down the trail. It got socked it fast.

View attachment 185085

View attachment 185086

View attachment 185087

View attachment 185088

View attachment 185089

View attachment 185090

View attachment 185091

View attachment 185092
thanks Ron for showing us young fellows around that day. Was a blast to ride with you and dean. Great photos

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, Thanks Ron an Dean for the great day on sunday. The boys an I had a blast. Hope can ride with you again some time.

kurtis.g

Reaction score
im heading there from fort mac wednesday, theres 4 of us. I havent been to renshaw in 3 or 4 years but you can tag along if you want

TNAFAB

Reaction score
How is Belle Or Luciele heading up in the morning just seing if its worth a quick rip up? are they parking in the upper lot?

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is Belle Or Luciele heading up in the morning just seing if its worth a quick rip up? are they parking in the upper lot?
yes you are parking in the upper parking lot at belle and the normal parking lot at Lucille.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the snow gods have finally blessed us! Great day in Renshaw!
yes there was a ton of fresh yesterday but I wonder how much it will settle. grooming tonite so I will be in the alpine tomorrow. see you all at the cabin.
Cabin at renshaw will not be open for use some of the day as I will be staining the walls and ceiling with stain that has to have a lot of ventilation. windows and door will be open and no heat.

pwdrhnd

Reaction score
Good to here that there's fresh snow and groomed trail. On our way out now for 4 days. Staying at Mountain Haven B&B.

Top Bottom