March 6-7 Ride in Nordegg - Calgary Snowmobile Club

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Was thinking of heading out with the Calgary Club this weekend as they have a ride scheduled for Nordegg. Who can chime in and let me know what the snows like there right now and what are the best areas to ride around Nordegg. Looking for some powder or untracked areas to ride? Thanks in advance guys!

honda75

Reaction score
I wouldn't bother - hasn't snowed in Nordegg for weeks. South facing slopes are completely bare around town, and snow is rapidly disappearing everywhere.

Sugar bowl is probably too rocky. Haven't been down to the Hummingbird recently, but it is probably sketchy.

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
we have had +10 to +13 in the mnts all week,, no snow for awhile,,,,,, ever watch money float away??? turned down 14 guests for this weekend , just too much brown showing on the ground,,,,,,, I hate wrecking my sleds and guests sleds as well,,,

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe a quad will work better, ditches are getting bare, i say shoot the dam groundhogs as i think they are the cause of all evil, dam shadows.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we have had +10 to +13 in the mnts all week,, no snow for awhile,,,,,, ever watch money float away??? turned down 14 guests for this weekend , just too much brown showing on the ground,,,,,,, I hate wrecking my sleds and guests sleds as well,,,

Good to see someone honest about it at least. :D You got rep.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Yup...tired of burning up sliders on the moguls here too! For now on...if there ain't fresh powder, I ain't ridin it! Thanks for the update and sorry to hear your losin business. It's gotta dump a big one sooner or later, and when it does...I'm taking a week off!

CB1

Reaction score
Yep absolutely beautiful weather if you like golfing! No sledding to be done around nordegg and Rocky. Quading time now.

DRS

Reaction score
Just returned home form the club ride in Nordegg and what a great time we had. Saturday was one of the best days I have had. We had a total of 36 riders, +10 C weather and the snow was unbelieveable. No need to tell me to post pictures as I am sure someone will and I will as soon as I get them from the camera. No sliders being burnt by anyone in the group as some may have thought would happen in an earlier post.

For you 14 plus riders that got turned down on a guided trip you missed out on a good time. PM me if you are perhaps interested in joining us on our next one.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Just returned home form the club ride in Nordegg and what a great time we had. Saturday was one of the best days I have had. We had a total of 36 riders, +10 C weather and the snow was unbelieveable. No need to tell me to post pictures as I am sure someone will and I will as soon as I get them from the camera. No sliders being burnt by anyone in the group as some may have thought would happen in an earlier post.

For you 14 plus riders that got turned down on a guided trip you missed out on a good time. PM me if you are perhaps interested in joining us on our next one.

lmfao!

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dam it! Flu bug showed up on a fine weekend. Looks like a good time.

Klingon Warrior

Reaction score
Check out the vids:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV1rWkpJVrA[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL0TtLurK58[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OgKsySn-M8[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaeqCgfDLCo[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XytYITWtYEc[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psv3fQXTRm8[/media]

wish you were there !

badmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for posting the videos Joel, nice meeting you and some of the other members of your club

CB1

Reaction score
Hey glad you guys had a good ride, those meskegs look familiar! No tracks huh? If that is where I think it is, theres no tracks because that is part of the FLUZ zone and is closed to snowmobiling and quading. I hope I'm wrong.

Klingon Warrior

Reaction score
Hey glad you guys had a good ride, those meskegs look familiar! No tracks huh? If that is where I think it is, theres no tracks because that is part of the FLUZ zone and is closed to snowmobiling and quading. I hope I'm wrong.

This was not part of the closed zone, we had Wes Eror as our guide, the Ranger for the area. I did see the odd track but as you can see in the vids, largely untracked. Wes did mention something about Mar 15th being an important date and loosing some of the area to closures, but we didn't break any laws and had an awesome time.

DRS

Reaction score

You got it and now the club is busted. What next???

CB1

Reaction score
This was not part of the closed zone, we had Wes Eror as our guide, the Ranger for the area. I did see the odd track but as you can see in the vids, largely untracked. Wes did mention something about Mar 15th being an important date and loosing some of the area to closures, but we didn't break any laws and had an awesome time.

Good idea using an informed guide! I am a little surprised that Wes, being a ranger for the area does not know the actual dates for snow vehicle usage. April 30 th is actually the closure for certain areas for snow vehicles. Mar 15 does pertain to certain trails for ATV closures but not for snow mobiles. I am only concerned and trying to raise awareness as an avid recreational vehicle user myself and equestrian user in these areas. I have seen a fair bit of ignorance in these areas when it comes to staying out of closed areas. And we all know how that usually plays out! MORE closures.

Top Bottom