Marathon Deck Any good?

noob

Reaction score
Well I guess we all know how you feel now. Hope the load off your chest makes you sleep better tonight.

lol, no kidding.

I bought a marathon deck this year and after looking through all the decks this is the best one out there imo. my superclamp mounting points were welded to the frame as specified from chelle.

beatty

Reaction score
have a marathon supershort deck. used it for 3 years. its awesome great quality easy installation. no problems at all
tucks away nice, telescoping ramp for less loading angle.

great. buy

Last edited:

9hundo

I would be happy to demo a Marathon deck...or any other sled deck for that matter and will give my honest opinion after a full season of riding:d;)

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tie downs are rated on my truck, tells me this in my owners manual, It doesn't tell me what the box is rated for with a deck bolted to it!!

Seriously? (Cue music) The tie down's connected to the - truck box!

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO the marathon decks are the best on the market, I have had two in the past and they are built very good....just sold my last one for $2000 would have liked to keep it but didn't need it with the new enclosed.

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CAPER;
Im curious where in the Trucks manual you found the ratings for your Factory "in-box" tie downs? i may be wrong others may correct me at any time.but a typical aluminum deck weighs in at around 300-400lbs a typical sled is 500-600lbs wet if not more (cough yamaha) jk :d ! so add two sleds 600 plus the deck thats around 1600lbs +/- . not including straps, ICE buildup and so forth being tied down to lil composite/metal/plastic tie downs. That to me personally sounds like a disaster waiting to happen! Especially with my truck 06 dodge diesel, i cracked one of those with my dirtbike being strapped to it driving over a rough road!! thats only around 240 lbs! now just imagine with over 1600lbs on those same plastic/composite tie downs that are just bolted into sheetmetal and you could imagine the potential for disaster! now i realize that the deck + cargo weight is distributed over 4 different areas but still thats 400lbs per side IF divided evenly.

So that being said if IM going to have 27 grand ( $3000+lbs deck plus a two sleds around 12 grand) riding on the back of my truck while going down rough roads and high speed corners i want to make absolutely sure that everything stays in place to protect myself, my assets and not to mention the safety of those sharing the road with me!

Now please dont get offended! i dont want to start a fight or anything this is just my personal opinion and thats all! i just believe that loads should be properly secured to ensure safety :) , and it seems to me that Marathon creates an awesome product with safety in mind (bolt through mounting) to ensure we and our machines get to the hills and return to our families the same way we left!

:beer: cheers!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CAPER;
Im curious where in the Trucks manual you found the ratings for your Factory "in-box" tie downs? i may be wrong others may correct me at any time.but a typical aluminum deck weighs in at around 300-400lbs a typical sled is 500-600lbs wet if not more (cough yamaha) jk :d ! so add two sleds 600 plus the deck thats around 1600lbs +/- . not including straps, ICE buildup and so forth being tied down to lil composite/metal/plastic tie downs. That to me personally sounds like a disaster waiting to happen! Especially with my truck 06 dodge diesel, i cracked one of those with my dirtbike being strapped to it driving over a rough road!! thats only around 240 lbs! now just imagine with over 1600lbs on those same plastic/composite tie downs that are just bolted into sheetmetal and you could imagine the potential for disaster! now i realize that the deck + cargo weight is distributed over 4 different areas but still thats 400lbs per side IF divided evenly.

So that being said if IM going to have 27 grand ( $3000+lbs deck plus a two sleds around 12 grand) riding on the back of my truck while going down rough roads and high speed corners i want to make absolutely sure that everything stays in place to protect myself, my assets and not to mention the safety of those sharing the road with me!

Now please dont get offended! i dont want to start a fight or anything this is just my personal opinion and thats all! i just believe that loads should be properly secured to ensure safety :) , and it seems to me that Marathon creates an awesome product with safety in mind (bolt through mounting) to ensure we and our machines get to the hills and return to our families the same way we left!

:beer: cheers!

I got a STF and it didn't take much to bolt it threw my box. I agree, the tie downs in the box are terrible. I only did the front because that's were it's the worst I think, not to worried about the rear going anywhere :beer:

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone on here have a marathon deck with the 3/4'' L.E.D. marker lightsand know what brand they are? I bought 4 last time I was in Edmonton to replace the old bulb style lights on my deck, but need another 4. I found some on ebay, made by Maxxima, similar but not identical. I was also trying to find some sold locally (Brandon MB), somewhere like Napa?

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone on here have a marathon deck with the 3/4'' L.E.D. marker lightsand know what brand they are? I bought 4 last time I was in Edmonton to replace the old bulb style lights on my deck, but need another 4. I found some on ebay, made by Maxxima, similar but not identical. I was also trying to find some sold locally (Brandon MB), somewhere like Napa?

When i get home from work im going to be starting to look for the same thing. i take it you called marathon regarding the bulbs with no luck? I have the 08 model with the bigger chrome housing around the LED lights but i was going to look into those mini led lights ..
Keep me posted if you find anything out! thanks! :beer:

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When i get home from work im going to be starting to look for the same thing. i take it you called marathon regarding the bulbs with no luck? I have the 08 model with the bigger chrome housing around the LED lights but i was going to look into those mini led lights ..
Keep me posted if you find anything out! thanks! :beer:

I bought 4 a while ago, they gave me a great deal but I'm sure i can get them cheaper and closer to home. eBay has some for $6.00, but they aren't the exact same and I want them all to match. If you want the eBay ones search Maxxima 3/4.

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought 4 a while ago, they gave me a great deal but I'm sure i can get them cheaper and closer to home. eBay has some for $6.00, but they aren't the exact same and I want them all to match. If you want the eBay ones search Maxxima 3/4.

what did you pay for them from marathon?

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check out lesco distributors in the west end of Edmonton 780 452 8180 they have all kinds of lights there. they have a website with links to light makers so you prolly find something you like or better. not sure of web name but youll find it! they deak with aftermarket truck parts ie chrome, stainless steel, aluminum products lights, trim more shiny stuff.....

Top Bottom