Maps

Ewaschuk

Reaction score
where can a guy get maps like the one in the Renshaw cabin outlining the riding areas?

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpg

Sorry, first try didn't work. Not sure what's posted in the cabin, never been inside!

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have only riden at Renshaw a couple times, and would like to get familiar with the names of the riding areas, (the saddle, Blackwater, anthill, ect), I have dropped pins on a google earth image, by guessing from the attached map image.

-appreciate any input or corrections from those of you that know the area,

Renshaw Map.jpg Renshaw.jpg

rlee

Reaction score
What do they call the area between horse creek and renshaw on east side of road

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have rode renshaw quite a few times, the one area i have never been to is spirit, does a person get there from weinberger or along the ridge from blackwater?

Ewaschuk

Reaction score
i have rode renshaw quite a few times, the one area i have never been to is spirit, does a person get there from weinberger or along the ridge from blackwater?
Pretty sure you have to go from blackwater. From Weinberger you may be able to but it looks like itll be sketchy and take a bit more time from what I remember seeing when I was in Weinberger earlier this month

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure you have to go from blackwater. From Weinberger you may be able to but it looks like itll be sketchy and take a bit more time from what I remember seeing when I was in Weinberger earlier this month

so you travel through the trees along the west side of the ridge that leads to spirit?

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is only one entrance to spirit. Its accessed from the back side of saddle or over the steps. If your in Weinburgers you can't access it. From the blackwater you can access it by going the back way past the saddle. Its kinda one of those places that if you don't know how to get there you probably won't think you should go down there.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank for posting maps all the years I have road renshaw I have only been to the cabin once but never went in. we always go straight to blackwater and circle around to the backside.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is only one entrance to spirit. Its accessed from the back side of saddle or over the steps. If your in Weinburgers you can't access it. From the blackwater you can access it by going the back way past the saddle. Its kinda one of those places that if you don't know how to get there you probably won't think you should go down there.

What is refered to as the steps?

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love Renshaw. We had a sunny day last spring, we rode back past spirit lake, off to the left side of it as you come down, couldn't even see tracks anymore. There is a big bowl back there, it was wide open, we had it all to ourselves. We did 160km that day, got back to the trucks on fumes. What a ride!

We usually take the saddle to the back, but one trip, we came back over the opposite side, there was an easy ride back that day, not sure how to get there from the cabin though, but it was much easier than the saddle.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is refered to as the steps?

If your looking at the map in the first couple posts you will see Saddle bowl. On the map to the right of that you will see a red triangle representing an avalanche hazard. To the left of the hazard is what is referred to as the steps or ladder as I have heard it called. It is one of two access points to the backside meadows. If your at the cabin and your seeing people side hilling left of the cabin on the other side of the valley to the north, they are heading to the saddle bowl. There are two ridges you must navigate to get to the Saddle Bowl after you drop over the first ridge you can turn to your right and go over the main ridge there going to the backside meadows you need to make one long pull to the right of the big rock on the top of the ridge. On your way down you will experience the steps as you drop a little and it flattens and drops again and flattens and so on. There is one other way to get back there but it can be risky and I don't want to mention that one. Some people will call it the short cut but it comes with avalanche concern, so for that I won't tell you about it.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Top Bottom