Manitobans visiting BC

dragonsledder

Reaction score
Hey all,
A couple of buddies and I are planning an ATV trip to Southeast BC and had a question about where to ride. I’ve been to the area many times, so I am familiar with it, just never to ATV.

Here’s the typical terrain we like to ride in Manitoba: tight rolling, twisty forest trails, (trails slightly wider than the ATV).Hopefully some that take advantage of the awesome scenery out there. Were not huge into mudding or swamping, however a small amount of mud for a challenge where 4x4 is needed is cool. Just no machine eating stuff, (There is a lot of machine eating swamp riding in Manitoba)

Does this sound like an area you would know of? Don’t mean to sound like a princess looking for optimum trails; it is simply a matter of this being a vacation, and only a limited time to ride areas. I’m trying to avoid going in blind and spending the whole vacation looking for good places to ride. Or riding countless miles of gravel roads that go nowhere.

Thanks in advance to anyone that points us to an area.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
south east bc is a pretty large area, narrow it down for more help. pick a spot you won't be dissapointed.

loose cannon

Reaction score
nickelmine riding area ten min. north of Hope up hwy. one , it has marked quad trails and lots of camping. nice tight trails. Chilliwack has 2 great spots, first is Vedder mnt. trails just b4 Cultus lk. or Chimpmunk cr. just b4 Chilliwack lk. if u let me know when and where exactly in S.E. B.C. u want to go, i know every trail in S.E B.C. (kvr, Whipsaw , caroline mines)

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What part of SE BC? Big area the Kootenays are. :D

I'm in the West Kootenay, endless opportunities from north to south. All depending what time of year you want to ride will dictate where and how high you will go. Northern part is usually snowboung 'til mid July to early Aug - Trout lake area anyways. Southern part where I am is usually open to all high elevation stuff by first week of July.
Kevin

rks442@hotmail.com

dragonsledder

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the info, to everyone posting.

Our trip will be along Hwy 3 through crowsnest, past fernie and all the way to Castlegar. Staying with Friends there (who don't ATV) and then back out the same route. I'm scouring posts here on the site as well, to get a better feel for the different areas. So much terrain to ride, I'm sure I'll be happy with most areas, nothjing like we have out here in Manitoba.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drop me an email and I can send you some pics and trail info for Castlegar and area. Salmo all the way to Slocan has some great high elevation trails with lots of mining history.
Kevin
rks442@hotmail.com

Top Bottom