Malibu Wakesetter VTX

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking at getting a VTX 2007-2009, no sure yet on the year depends on hours and price point but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these boats. I am a slalom skiier but don't want a direct drive so if you have an opinion on skiing behind this thing that would be great or any opinion at all. I ski and everyone else like to wakeboard.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
great wake boat,, I do not know about skiing,, pretty sure you could get it flat enough,,,

otherwise wakesetter has been top wake boat for several years,,

if you search you can find videos of all the wakes, I know Supra has comparisons on their site with real video, check it out its pretty kool

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally don't own the VTX but i managed to convince the neighbor to buy a Malibu VTX over a Mastercraft, and he loved it as a skier. If you're looking for a true crossover you're going to need to look for one with the Diamond cut hull over the wake Hull which is what my VLX has. They have these different choices of hulls depending on the sole purpose of what you're going to be using it for and if it's 50% ski and 50% wakeboard thats what the Diamond was built around. Then when ever your bros want to board load it up with water and they'll have a ramp to rip on. I wouldn't give my Malibu up for the world , it rocks. If you want to go for a rip i should be on Wabamun on Sunday if everthing works out.

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally don't own the VTX but i managed to convince the neighbor to buy a Malibu VTX over a Mastercraft, and he loved it as a skier. If you're looking for a true crossover you're going to need to look for one with the Diamond cut hull over the wake Hull which is what my VLX has. They have these different choices of hulls depending on the sole purpose of what you're going to be using it for and if it's 50% ski and 50% wakeboard thats what the Diamond was built around. Then when ever your bros want to board load it up with water and they'll have a ramp to rip on. I wouldn't give my Malibu up for the world , it rocks. If you want to go for a rip i should be on Wabamun on Sunday if everthing works out.

Thanks for the info. I definately want it to get a good ski boat, so the info is appreciated. I have a ski supreme v220 now that was billed as a good ski boat when I bought it and of course they did not do water tests before purchase so I kind of got stuck with it but now is the time to move up to a malibu.
Where is Wabamun lake, I have heard of it but have no idea where it is?

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I definately want it to get a good ski boat, so the info is appreciated. I have a ski supreme v220 now that was billed as a good ski boat when I bought it and of course they did not do water tests before purchase so I kind of got stuck with it but now is the time to move up to a malibu.
Where is Wabamun lake, I have heard of it but have no idea where it is?

Any of the big 3 will do a lake test, and if there confident in there product they will do them back to back against there competitors. I lake tested mine with no problem at all. It was an easy decision for me when i bought mine, this is my second Malibu. Good luck, the guys at Wizard are good guys.

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes depending on the year you will have either the diamond cut (if few years old as to the wakesetter hull which is pretty well standard in all the new wakesetters series.......and best crossover is the diamond hull....the new v rides are also a bit more skier friendly.
Like showtime said, u should lake test and even ski behind the boat.
we dont mind taking any potential client out on the water at our dealership to make sure the boat is suitable!! big investment BE SURE!!! Guyz at Wizard are A1!! good luck and cheers B

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I bit the bullet and bought a VTX. Went to Wizard Lake Marine looking for used and ended up just going new. Pick up next week and looking forward to getting out on the water. Thanks for the help guys with the advise.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Malibu family, you won't be disappointed. Another forum with a wealth of information specifically for Malibu's is "the malibu crew", i'm also Showtime on their. Be sure to post pics of your new ride.:d

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I bit the bullet and bought a VTX. Went to Wizard Lake Marine looking for used and ended up just going new. Pick up next week and looking forward to getting out on the water. Thanks for the help guys with the advise.

congrats on the new VTX a decision you wont regret!! and u will all of a sudden have many new friends hahaha enjoy!!

Top Bottom