Make sure your Ski Doo cover is secure or else

Steve Slade

Reaction score
Had my cover come loose up on my sled deck and beat the paint off my 2015 freeride. It's about 3by5 inch section of the tunnel where it looks like someone took a needle gun to my tunnel ,paint is all gone and the metal on the tunnel is actually damaged. The metal hook on the ends of the cover came loose and beat the hell out of my tunnel while flapping in the wind. I find these hooks are constantly giving me grief while travelling so I hooked the ends into a rubber tarp strap and have no issues since. Keep your covers tight so your tunnel doesn't end looking destroyed like mine. I never care about plastics getting broke up so easy to replace but how would u fix a dinged up tunnel. Any ideas?

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had that happen before. Mine wasnt that bad just destroyed the tarp and some minor knicks

VanceM

Steve Slade

Reaction score
Me too. Usually just had the covers ripped from flapping in the wind but never tunnel damage like this. Tried to post pics but haven't figured out how to post on S and M. It just hurts when there hasn't been even 3 payments made on it yet

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You sent me 4 pics the same, so I just resized the one

Attachments

• steve.jpg
    steve.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 400

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skidoo covers are junk. 6 trips and shredding. Had cat cover with around 90 trips was like new. Total junk.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the covers (older Intense covers) for our Rev's come apart at the stitching last year and had to take them to a seamstress to have them repaired. These new covers with the plastic snaps on them area actually pretty nice but I can see how those metal hooks could be a problem. My cover has a strap that goes across the front of the windshield but my wife's does not, did Doo make 2 versions of this cover for the XM?

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup the new skidoo covers are complete garbage! I took mine back after 2 trips cause it was ripped and shredded, always kept as tight as possible! They did replace with new cover but is only a matter of time before it happens again..

Steve Slade

Reaction score
I think they ditched the strap for the handlebar area on the 15 model year they all come without them now

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wrap a bungee cord around your risers and make sure straps are tight pretty simple thing to do and your cover will last

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Too much power and reliability? Don't wanna hurt themselves? ;)
They'd be hurting if they tried to lift "Oprah"... 50 lbs lighter then stock and she's still heavy when sitting. Once on the gas, it's a different story...

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought the metals hooks that you attach to the rear of the running boards were going to be good but last trip out the snow in that area turned to ice and I couldn't find a place to attach them. Ended up tying it down with a bungee so they wouldn't flap around.

I miss my old rev cover, that thing was bulletproof

Steve Slade

Reaction score
I had always just put the metal hooks into the holes in the running boards to keep tight but it started wearing through the running board u can actually see the two grooves wore in in the rear of the running board. Then I started hooking the hook into the loop around the running board and that just cut through the loops on the cover . The tarp strap through the two hooks and using the track lugs for a tensioner seems to be working good so far.

Top Bottom