Make my lady light

marshalldemp

Reaction score
Hi all looking for some advice on the most cost effective way to lose some pounds off my 2009 nytro. I do have a pipe on her and have been looking into rear suspension replacement but am interested what other options might be out there?

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lipstick on a pig it's still a pig no matter what kind of diet you put it on.

Turbo is your ultimate choice then the weight don't matter at all.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone is saying to sell it and get a 2 stroke. Yes, I agree. But 4 strokes are so reliable! Not sure if its in your budget, but one of the vendors on here are offering "black" nytros. I think I read that they weigh in around the 520lbs mark? I can't remember the vendors name right now.

Sent from my Desire HD

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
The suggestions from Climbmax are the best options out there. A properly setup front and rear suspension can make it feel lighter. Maybe remove the sway bar for easier handling and set up the rear skid for proper weight transfer when booning.
We are in the process of creating a subframe mod, where 4 brackets are cut out and new ones are welded in to move a arms ahead and improve caster. The ski bolt will be 3 inches forward which will help with the tipping point when carving, and the trail handling will be much better.

We originally were going to build complete subframes, but it was not going to be cost effective, so this mod will be a few hundred bucks and you still use all stock suspension and steering components. The welding will be done in a jig so the angles are exact everytime. Anyone with a Nytro can have this done, and we will have a exchange program to save time.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your right yamaha is very reliable I ride a 07 apex and I supercharged it and i'm looking forward to this winter. I had a chance to ride a stage 1 turbo on a nytro this past winter and it worked real well with power to spare. We had all the top sleds their xp,m8 and polaris the nytro stayed with them with no problem at all and certain times the nytro was better because of the ride with the stock suspention it sank into the soft snow a little more but when it came to bumps or some jumping that was going on the nytro outperformed the other sleds. Yes everyone has a thing with weight but when they are stuck and the tunnels are full of snow they all weigh a ton. I was also looking at different ways to take the weight of my apex and by the time u do a turbo or a superchrger do's the same and if u krank up the hp no stock sled will stay with u and i'm staying with my apex because I like the way it looks and rides. I also own all yamahas and i've never had a major breakdown yet and i've been up in the moutains for about 8yrs. I,m not knocking any other brands but most of the guys i,ve talked to say that most 2 strokes need to be rebuilt around every 3 to 5000 k were as a yamaha u don.t hear of rebuids very often esptioly the 4 stroke hpoe this helps u good luck.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go on a diet!!!

Billy Boy:cool:
This is the honest truth, guys spend thousands trying to drop 50 lbs off their sled but if they dropped 50 off themselves and got into better shape they could ride longer, harder and not feel like a bag of crap after the weekend.
I really wonder if the average joe would even notice 50lbs off their sled... 550 or 500lbs??? they are all pigs when stuck.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the honest truth, guys spend thousands trying to drop 50 lbs off their sled but if they dropped 50 off themselves and got into better shape they could ride longer, harder and not feel like a bag of crap after the weekend.
I really wonder if the average joe would even notice 50lbs off their sled... 550 or 500lbs??? they are all pigs when stuck.

best answer so far! guys that try to lighten up there sleds spend thousands and then you look at their belly......lol.....some could drop a 100 pounds and still be on the big side.......Im not the one to talk about being skinny......so I just add boost! lol IT IS A YAMY THING!

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think trying to loose weight is a waste of money, cause after all the money you spend are you really going to notice the difference? Just think of how much gas you put in your sled, and how heavy all the fuel weighs. At the beginning of the day do you notice that your sled is heavier as compared to the end of the day when your running on empty? I certainly don't notice. Either way your sleds going to be heavy, so in my opinion, I think the most efficient way to make your sled feel lighter is to hit the gym.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Everyone is saying to sell it and get a 2 stroke. Yes, I agree. But 4 strokes are so reliable! Not sure if its in your budget, but one of the vendors on here are offering "black" nytros. I think I read that they weigh in around the 520lbs mark? I can't remember the vendors name right now.

Sent from my Desire HD

Hi Underdog

That was us Trax 2 Treadz in my Project Black thread my sled now weighs in at 540ish wet. Here is a link to that thread:
https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f14/first-nytro-black-canada-52944.html

Take a look through there and you will find lots of different options to lighten up your sled. I don't know what your budget is or how much weight you want to lose but there are many many options available to you.

Jan

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Underdog

That was us Trax 2 Treadz in my Project Black thread my sled now weighs in at 540ish wet. Here is a link to that thread:
https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f14/first-nytro-black-canada-52944.html

Take a look through there and you will find lots of different options to lighten up your sled. I don't know what your budget is or how much weight you want to lose but there are many many options available to you.

Jan

That's the one!

Sent from my Desire HD

marshalldemp

Reaction score
LOL ya not much love for the nytro. I will look further into suspention/skid options. Have seen the timbsled kits but are they the only option/ the best. As for turbo well it's on the list but will I lose the reliability?

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL ya not much love for the nytro. I will look further into suspention/skid options. Have seen the timbsled kits but are they the only option/ the best. As for turbo well it's on the list but will I lose the reliability?

RELIABILITY........its a yamy.......it will take the boost........its not a 2 smoke! MCX kits are turn key! I love my 310 kit for my 06 Apex!....no issues with engine....

Top Bottom