Maintaining ATV Trails

Megrizzly

Reaction score
The atv trails around my cabin where I hunt and sled need attention. The problem is willows and branches overhanging. The most overgrown areas are only accessible after it freezes up and there is a minimum of 15 miles to do. Its too much to do by hand. Looking for ideas for a vertical trimmer like what some skid-steers use. The local groomer has one as well that works pretty good. Only needs to cut up to about 2-3". Would like to attach to the cart behind the bike and having a gas engine run a hydraulic pump.

Thoughts? Ideas? Comments?

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The atv trails around my cabin where I hunt and sled need attention. The problem is willows and branches overhanging. The most overgrown areas are only accessible after it freezes up and there is a minimum of 15 miles to do. Its too much to do by hand. Looking for ideas for a vertical trimmer like what some skid-steers use. The local groomer has one as well that works pretty good. Only needs to cut up to about 2-3". Would like to attach to the cart behind the bike and having a gas engine run a hydraulic pump.

Sounds like if u can rent (etc.) the local groomer's equiptment, might be the best , the large mulching companies would be too many $$$$. Or you could "borrow" a cat that may be nearby in the bush already from logging etc. (not recomended, but a great idea after an evening of beverages).

Seems to be impossible to get school kids to work outside nowadays to help out & when u can they can't run a saw of any kind, maybe a few buddies and lots of beer would help.
Good luck and hope you can get it cleared up!
Hadster.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score

You build it lots may buy one. Snowmobile clubs for sure. X coutry ski trails, etc

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like if u can rent (etc.) the local groomer's equiptment, might be the best , the large mulching companies would be too many $$$$. Or you could "borrow" a cat that may be nearby in the bush already from logging etc. (not recomended, but a great idea after an evening of beverages).

Seems to be impossible to get school kids to work outside nowadays to help out & when u can they can't run a saw of any kind, maybe a few buddies and lots of beer would help.
Good luck and hope you can get it cleared up!
Hadster.

Take Hadster with you & give him a 36" Loper (tree pruner), He's pretty damned good with them.

Top Bottom