Made my own sled, works pretty well!

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is very cool, great job.
I like how buddy fell off at that on corner.

Whats all be done to the old girl?

lshobie

Reaction score
Thanks for watching! well, it isnt an old girl, in fact there is nothing really elan about it other than the look, everything on it is fabricated based on how i thought an elan should be made for an adult, here is what i have done:

timbersled rear 151 susp
151 camoplast track
tundra front pogos
4 lb carbon fiber hood i made last fall
yamaha 540 ported and polished motor by JAWS
JAWS custom pipe and can
rev seat
light weight skis

here is the build thread series:

540 Custom snowmobile Modified elan build process Phase 1 and 2 - YouTube

540cc Ski doo Elan mod sled build update, timbersled 151, ported and polished - YouTube

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want a set of those fur mits! :specool:

We used to stick 440 Everest engines in the old Elans. They were unstoppable in their day! :D

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is "flickable"

I built an elan with an Alum tunnel and stretch it out to a 144.....under the hood was a L/C 340 RV from a blizzard 7500 plus! well I was off work a year because of how flickable it was!.....next mod was to put a IFS system in the front.....but ex wife wouldnt let me touch it again.....guess there was a reason she was an ex! lol

love your sled!

lshobie

Reaction score
it is pretty stable with the 35 inch stance, but in that crusty snow it can catch a ski easily. in powder it does what you want it to do. thanks for watching guys!

lshobie

Reaction score
well i made it for myself, but to be honest my kids will get it when they can handle it - imagine a 100 pound kid on that thing in 4 feet of powder:) I'l put them in the lead when breaking trail to my camp, the skandic can be second:)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
moyiesledhead beat me to it......those mitts make the video! Still have a few sets of those around and every once in awhile my wife gets them out for a walk or ride.

Nice sled BTW and it looks like you are having fun, eh!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where do you get the time to build all your sleds? I wish I had the time to build stuff like that! And I was wondering do your mitts still howl at a full moon? Jk

lshobie

Reaction score
lol, I'm a fire fighter so I have lots of time to play:) My mitts don't howl but they eat me out of house and home!

Top Bottom