Mac's and GPS items

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
This year Garmin has made using Mac's and Garmin GPS units easier. I have down loaded (free) Base Camp from the Garmin website, as well as MapConverter and MapInstall (also free downloads).

Somehow I'm supposed to be able to use the MapSource Topo Canada on my Mac when I down load from the GPS. As soon as I install BaseCamp I could download from my GPS but the mapping sucks. Talking to the people at GPS Central there are free downloads to get this to work just like those other computers....

Anybody got any experience on this????

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
This year Garmin has made using Mac's and Garmin GPS units easier. I have down loaded (free) Base Camp from the Garmin website, as well as MapConverter and MapInstall (also free downloads).

Somehow I'm supposed to be able to use the MapSource Topo Canada on my Mac when I down load from the GPS. As soon as I install BaseCamp I could download from my GPS but the mapping sucks. Talking to the people at GPS Central there are free downloads to get this to work just like those other computers....

Anybody got any experience on this????

ttt.....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i try never to ask for directions as someone is always willing to tell me where to go.:d:beer:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
see i'm not that bad. :beer:

no matter what you hear.

friggin rain.:d

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll have to try BaseCamp. I still use a PC to upload maps to both of my Garmin units. I find it's much easier to upload/download maps with the PC instead of my macbook pro. I still think a lot of the Garmin software isn't easy to use. I had to use freeware (mapupload.exe) to load custom maps that mapsource wouldn't recognize.
I wanted to map the trails around Wrangler's cabin so when I'm turned around I know where the closest trail is. Mapsource wouldn't recognize my custom map.

Top Bottom