M8000 suspension setup

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Just wondering how you guys are setting up your suspensions (more interested in REAR) on your ProClimbs? I'm about 6' 2" and 240 before gearing up. Some of the things I've read/heard are saying that the front shock on the rear skid should have the spring "tightened" up to about 3/4' of the way thru the threads. Is this right? Cause mine is nowhere NEAR that. I'd say that my spring is tightened to maybe 1/8 to 1/4 of the threads (so, much looser on the spring). I'm really not confident in my dealer AT ALL, and wish I would have driven the 2 1/2 hours to T&T, but that's neither here nor there now.

ralphsmotorsports

Reaction score
Website
www.ralphsmotorsports.com
Really depends on what you want out of your sled and suspension. 3/4 of the way up the threads sounds pretty tight to me but it depends on what you are looking for. Most people crank the air up too high on the shocks, remember that you want some sag in the front and rear. Setting the sag is what usually needs the most adjustment from rider-to-rider, as it has more to do with your body weight.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

McGrath

Supporting Vendor, Alberta Cycle
Reaction score
the set up is maybe good if your jumping the heck out of your sled, for general riding those values are way to stiff. In the mountains would be real hard to control or do any side hilling. If you want to stop in I will explain what to do and sit on sled to get correct transfer and sag.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My values or the ones in the vids?

I have no issues with my setup and found going much softer made things a lot worse, crappy transfer, diving front end. I could see going to 70ish in the fronts. I agree that the setup recommendations for the front in the vids is too stiff for the Proclimbs.

Perhaps I too will stop by AB Cycle and we can discuss. Curious to hear what your thougts.

Joe_Fehr

Reaction score
I'm 180lb and am running 125psi in rear and just tight on the front skid spring. I did just have the Chris Burandt kit put in them also but haven't had a chance to ride them yet.

McGrath

Reaction score
Sure any-time, always try to help best I can but doesn't mean I'm right. I found most people watch to many videos and think this is the only option but everyone rides different.

Off to Vegas in the morning to check out all the new 2016 Arctic Cats, 850 cc be nice eh! Also not sure but I see nobody really said much about the up coming Demo Days for the new cats this year is in Val March 14-15-16th. If you book call Super 8 and mention Alberta Cycle and you only pay $85.00 per night.

McGrath

Reaction score
I'm the same weight and run 90 psi in rear and 40 psi front M8000 Sno Pro. I find this the best transfer and nice easy on the steering. You need to turn the skid spring to 3/4 .

I'm 180lb and am running 125psi in rear and just tight on the front skid spring. I did just have the Chris Burandt kit put in them also but haven't had a chance to ride them yet.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I'm the same weight and run 90 psi in rear and 40 psi front M8000 Sno Pro. I find this the best transfer and nice easy on the steering. You need to turn the skid spring to 3/4 .

When you say turn the spring to 3/4, do you mean 3/4 of the way thru the threads, or so that there is 3/4" showing below the second jam nut?

Bozo

Reaction score
Hey Mike, confused by what you mean by 3/4 as well. What would the measurement be from the bottom of the shock up to the bottom of the 2nd jam nut?

McGrath

Reaction score
3/4 stiffer and then tighten nut. Improves steering huge I find. Getting weak as I get old. I found there was to much weight on the skies and it transfer nice when your on it through the trails.

McGrath

Reaction score
Correct 70-75% pre load
Hey Mike, confused by what you mean by 3/4 as well. What would the measurement be from the bottom of the shock up to the bottom of the 2nd jam nut?

Last edited:
Top Bottom