M800 clutching?

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are some of you guys running for clutching on your secondary? My primary has Dalton's in and work good, but my secondary gets quite hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monster 1000

Reaction score
i havent tried it yet but i am going to put 75 gram weights and a red spring in the primary. not sure what to do with the secondary.

Radical Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Running 75 gram weights,with the D and D red primary,works good not as fast as the stock 73 grams with the yellow white in the primary but pulls harder..

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What does the red spring do? Lower engagement? No one has played with the secondary yet though? My Dalton's have a bit of weight in them and it's spikes 8300 and holds 8150 steady. I was thinking of a stiffer spring in the secondary to hold the shift slightly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Radical Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The red D and D spring has a start rate of 170 this engages aroung 4100,the finish rate is 330,both the start rate and finish rates are alot higher than the stock yellow /white spring which is a 122 start rate with a 285 finish rate.The higher finish rate with the 75 gram weights will allow you to hold good rpm under a heavy load,a little high if your ripping a trail in to your riding area.

sidehillgouger

Reaction score
I also put the red spring in from D&D and the 75 gram weights in the primary. Havent noticed excessive heat in the secondary but havent pushed it that hard yet.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a polaris black spring in because it is a 140/340 spring, but acts like a 120/320. For the tree riding i do i couldnt stand having engagement at 4000 or higher. I run just over 75grams weight with my dalton adjustables. What im going to be trying to get my sec temps down is actually gearing it down(which cat is doing for 2013). The M8's are geared exactly the same as the M100T's. If that doesnt do it i'll actually be trying a slighty softer sec spring. The spring they are running stock in the sec is way stiffer than anything they've ran before.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm running alot lighter clutching than most of you guys.:rolleyes: But mine seems to work OK.:p Just proves that there is more than one way to get the desired results I guess.:beer:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The spring they are running stock in the sec is way stiffer than anything they've ran before.

What is the rate on the new spring Glenn? I thought the Cat orange was still a higher rate spring; but I never even bothered to actually ckeck.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What is the rate on the new spring Glenn? I thought the Cat orange was still a higher rate spring; but I never even bothered to actually ckeck.

I dont remeber what the rate is on the cat org sec spring. But i've done a few other little tweeks to mine since you were here last.

Top Bottom