M8 Turbo oil plumbed to engine oil reservoir

HPCrazy

Reaction score
Has anyone plumbed their turbo oil lines to their engine oil reservoir? Just how hot does the oil get? Considering the much larger reservoir the oil will stay cooler. Heard a rumor that this is the new thing but not much talk about it. Do the new turbo systems still come with the separate reservoir?

HPCrazy

Reaction score
Did some research.
Oil drain The lubricating oil flows into the turbocharger at a pressure of approximately 4 bar. As the oil drains off at low pressure, the oil drain pipe diameter must be much larger than the oil inlet pipe. The oil flow through the bearing should, whenever possible, be vertical from top to bottom. The oil drain pipe should be returned into the crankcase above the engine oil level. Any obstruction in the oil drain pipe will result in back pressure in the bearing system. The oil then passes through the sealing rings into the compressor and the turbine.

Anyone know how the MountainTech kit is set up?

hardass

Reaction score
I use the stock oil pump to oil my tm8 and of course i mix my gas two lines are yd together and pump into the top of the center section goes through and into the tank the third line still oils the wp and op shaft i also have the oil pump wired wide open.

Top Bottom