M8 Scratchers and front Idlers

Hicktown

Reaction score
Was looking into removing my front idler wheels, I see there is an "anti Stab kit" to put on if you want to take these wheels off. I took mine off in hopes of finding a place to mount my scratchers, I don't see what will rub on my track without these wheels on???? Is that kit worth the coin?
Where the heck is the best place to mount scratchers on these M8's????

Thanks for any help!

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
unless your riding in deep pow all the time leave those idlers on or you will wear the sliders out at the bend fast,also the anti stab kit is for the front of the rails to stop the rails from stabing through the track window but if you run your track at the correct tension and adjust it regulary it's not an issue

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was looking into removing my front idler wheels, I see there is an "anti Stab kit" to put on if you want to take these wheels off. I took mine off in hopes of finding a place to mount my scratchers, I don't see what will rub on my track without these wheels on???? Is that kit worth the coin?
Where the heck is the best place to mount scratchers on these M8's????

Thanks for any help!

u will eat you sliders with front idler wheels remuved. i use the under tunnel scratchers they push down from under your feet and the snow really flys

mustard73

Reaction score
Myself and a number of friends of mine that ride M8 and M1000s have removed the front idlers without any issues. I mounted my scratchers (arctic cat sliders) using the idler mount holes.

As long as you make sure to put your scratchers down on the trail, I don't think you will have any issues either.

Hicktown

Reaction score
Thanks for the Input! I only ride trails up to whatever riding area's in the mountains. Sometimes they can get long but if a guy has his scratchers kicked out on the trails all the time it shouldn't be a big issue?
I'd like to learn more about the "anti Stab kit" for sure! For some reason I thought it had to do with removing the front idlers.

snowzombie

Reaction score
Anti-stab kits are more for those who have made suspension geometry changes that exert more down pressure on the the front arm or smaller drivers etc. that change the attack angle and bring the rail tips closer to the track windows. You can use them if you choose to remove the front idlers but there are many, including myself, that haven't added them with little or no issues. Your not really increasing the risk of stabbing the track by removing the idlers but it may cause the sliders to wear quicker.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure on the 08's but the 09's have a hole in the rail right behind the front idlers for your scratchers

Evil Revo

Reaction score
My 2010 has holes in the rails for the scratchers. I ran a timbersled rear suspension all last year without any wheels except the two in the rear. Run my scratchers everytime in sub par snow conditions. Sliders showed only minimal wear.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of guys run 3" pitch tracks without stabbing rails through the windows, but I've seen some that did. The track is finished when it happens, and sometimes the rail too, not to mention the embarassment of going over the bars! Should have had that on video! :d Antistab kit is cheap insurance in my opinion. Got 'em on both my M sleds.

Top Bottom