m8 race gas turbo kit

kylem991

Reaction score
i am looking to purchase a 2008 m8 with boondocker race gas turbo kit. Are they finiky to tune? can you turn down the boost to run premium, or even a 50/50 mix with race gas? can you lower the compression with a head shim? does a electronic boost controler make tuning easier? any feedback would be greatly appreciated

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i ride a M7 with a BD race kit. There not as pull and go as ppl say. They can be turned down to 4psi but you need a different actuator on the waste gate. Also if you not to mechanicly inclined you might want to stay with stock. You need to constintly watch you air/fuel and egt's. When they run rigth WOW!!! they are nutz.....when they dont you want to burn it lol.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the point of putting a turbo on a 2 stroke and then cutting it's ballz to make it run on crappy pump gas?

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
i am looking to purchase a 2008 m8 with boondocker race gas turbo kit. Are they finiky to tune? can you turn down the boost to run premium, or even a 50/50 mix with race gas? can you lower the compression with a head shim? does a electronic boost controler make tuning easier? any feedback would be greatly appreciated

You can definitely expect more maintenance things to watch for. I would suggest running a 50/50 mix. If you are buying a used turbo M8 take a 10mm wrench and pull the power valves out. Shine a light in to check your piston tops for predetination damage. It will tell you if there is any life left in them. They should be changed every season aprox. 2000 km. Reeds every 5-700 km. anyways. I don't know much about the boondocker controler but I'm sure it's not to bad for setting. Make it worth while and run 12lb.s boost, just watch your af closely. You'll like it!

kylem991

Reaction score
What's the point of putting a turbo on a 2 stroke and then cutting it's ballz to make it run on crappy pump gas?

i don't want to cut the ballz off it i just wanted to know if it was a possibility i also do alot of riding locally where i don't always have to run 12 lbs of boost

the sled is the one for sale on kijiji it's chris burandts old sled..... i'm just a little leary about buying a used 3 stroke turbo sled....

Top Bottom