M8 PGT Clutching ?

SledderX

Reaction score
Whats everyone running for clutching on there pump gas m8 turbos and at what altitudes and boost levels?
Springs ? Helix ? Weights ? Rpm ?

Im running a 2010 m8 with a boondocker pump gas kit and the clutch kit supplied by boondocker doesnt seem to be working for me. I ride around 7000ft.

Any help be great.

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats everyone running for clutching on there pump gas m8 turbos and at what altitudes and boost levels?
Springs ? Helix ? Weights ? Rpm ?

Im running a 2010 m8 with a boondocker pump gas kit and the clutch kit supplied by boondocker doesnt seem to be working for me. I ride around 7000ft.

Any help be great.

What issue r u having? And what rpm at wot at 7000ft?
I didn't like the bd clutching either so I switched it up a bit. Went with lighter adj Dalton weights and lighter primary spring, Made a world of difference. I'll give you full details when I get out to my garage.

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dalton adj weights pt# QACA-2W 73-81g(running 77.5gr)
orange primary spring from mountain magic(edmonton)780 474-9400.the start rate on the spring is 150, can't remember the finish rate.

running the bd stuff in the secondary.

my bd clutching had 80gr weights and a super stiff p spring, the engagement was way high and brutal. with the changes i've made it's not near as harsh. my rpm's r 8200 @ 6-8000ft, 8lbs boost

Jeff K

Reaction score
I have a CPC turbo which came with the CPC clutching. I am very happy with how it works.

Cutler Gold/White primary (135/305)
Cutler 75-85 adjustable weights
Cutler DD Conversion Secondary kit with 38/46 helix and Cutler Green torsional spring

mynewuseddoo

Reaction score
X2 on the CPC clutch set up, awesome! I'm runnin the 80-90 gram weights though.

How's the tendon comin along Jeff? Healin nicely?

Sparx

Reaction score
Pretty happy with the OVS setup so far, still gotta dial in the RPM, making way too much power and RPM but it runs great so far! Engagement is around the 4400rpm mark but it hasn't caused me to get stuck yet so I don't mind it, just takes some getting used to. What's it doing that you don't like?

SledderX

Reaction score
Thanks for the info and help guys. Have done some more testing and changes and have it working really well now. Good clutching makes a huge difference !

Top Bottom