M8 adjustable steering post - problems

Cochraneoutlander

Reaction score
So I picked up a 2007 m8 and it came with a adjustable steering post, at first I thought it was wicked. After I took it out to golden, I hate it ,it collapsed on me 4 times I played with the locking collar , still no luck, so I want it gone now.

just seeing what the options are, What are some of the aftermarket replacement out there or should I put it back to stock plus a riser? I'm tempted to see if I just drill a hole and put a bolt through it to lock it in place or weld it.

any ideas ?

Thanks

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How tall are you? There was a weird trend back in about 2008 2009 when dudes went weirdly tall with handlebar risers. The extra height will limit leverage for side hilling. Sometimes shorter is better... just sayin.. stock perhaps will be stellar.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive got a 13. Ditched that pos stock adjustable riser right away. Went with the zbros t top and rsi riser. Totally worth it. Funny how they Ditched it on the 16 limited now.

bkoz

Reaction score
Canadasledparts.com out of Enderby, BC builds a nice chromoly replacement post. He carries a bunch of options as far as length and riser mounting, ie, T-top or bolt on.

I would replace your stock post ASAP as they break and bend very easily.

Top Bottom