M7 bog

easton

Reaction score
I have a 06 m7 and it has a mid range bog (4800-7000 rpm)then it clears up,this is at lower elevation ,when I get to the top of the hill it clears up.I talked to The guys at echo and they said there was nothing they could do!They said it was set up for high elevations . Dose anyone have any ideas?????:

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 06 m7 and it has a mid range bog (4800-7000 rpm)then it clears up,this is at lower elevation ,when I get to the top of the hill it clears up.I talked to The guys at echo and they said there was nothing they could do!They said it was set up for high elevations . Dose anyone have any ideas?????:

I had the same sled and Echo told me the exact same thing, kind of the wrong answer if u ask me, Ive never gone back there. I did a lot of research on this when I owned it and narrowed it down to two possible problems. Its a clutching problem and Ive heard just changing the secondary to the RK TEK fixed it or purchasing the boondocker box or equivalent and changing the mid range fuel delivery. Unfortunately I sold the sled and bought the M8 as I did not want to piss around with trouble shooting on a brand new sled, so I cant tell you which one fixes the problem, it seemed to be either or.

wcroftac

Reaction score
I have an 06 m7 162 and mine has been doing the exact same thing for about two years now. Driving me crazy. Took off the bellows between the intake on the hood and the airbox to see if there was any water in there. Decieded to try the sled out with the bellows removed and guess what?......ran like a champ. No bog nice and crisp lots of power. I think when I was closing the hood the bellows was collapsing on itself and blocking off the air intake. Suprised the heck out of me.

stevo123

Reaction score
I hav an 06 m7, had the same problem Drilled two 2 inch bullseye air vents in the airbox on either side of the intake. problem solved never had the problem ever again and was told also there was notjing they could do

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 1000 was doin it. the bellows was collapsing. make sure when closing hood that it is fully expanded.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
This came of of snowest.. Maybe it will help i dont know. I have had a few times were the snow or water gets in there. Maybe its over or under compensating for something. I dont know something i have played with when i get a bog.Also had lots of problem with fine snow getting in my airbox.

(I have been struggling with a low to mid range bog for a year and a half. I finally figured it out yesterday. The clear plastic tube that comes out of the ECU was routed wrong. I had it routed so it pointed down in the bottom of my belly pan. While riding yesterday. I was pissed off and tired of the sled so I stopped and opened the hood to check things over. My friend look at that tube and said try routing that tube a different direction. So I routed it along the main wiring harness back towards the fuel tank. Closed the hood started the sled and punched the throttle, it was like someone flipped a switch. The sled ran totally different, it ripped all day long. THE BOG IS GONE!!!!! If anyone is curious I have a Injector perfector, a "Thing" can, and a RK-Tek secondary installed. So if you have a bog check the routing of that plastic tube. Good luck. )

Hope this might help

M7Plus

Reaction score
Here are a few things to try:

1. A more reputable Arctic Cat dealer
2. Ask them about updates for your ECM
3. ride hard and play safe!

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are a few things to try:

1. A more reputable Arctic Cat dealer
2. Ask them about updates for your ECM
3. ride hard and play safe!

Get your CDI reprogrammed or Carrie will be out climbing the 900 BB.
The 1000 had some technical piston issues. The snow is too deep so Greyhound is sending a new jug so we don't have to drive. Let us know when you're coming Boyd. We'll let Carrie break trail for us !!!:beer::beer:

M7Plus

Reaction score
hey i called u guys! should i bring my tools and rebuild that thing in the morning? oh ya that bog dont slow me down any!:Snowmobile1:

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey i called u guys! should i bring my tools and rebuild that thing in the morning? oh ya that bog dont slow me down any!:Snowmobile1:

Hello it's snowing dinner plates here. Where are you??? We should have the cat back up & running in good time tomorrow morning. Bring some extra race fuel with you. We'll see ya breakfast. Oh ya make sure you got your goggles &:beer::beer::beer:.:BSmeter::Cool9:

Top Bottom