M1100t

Brojoe

Reaction score
To the guys that have there 1100t's already how easy are they to roll over, and manoever in the tree's? I just sold my turbo m8, but I really enjoyed the sled; it was easy to handle. I know the 4 stroke is going to be heavier, just looking for an honest anwser. Are they similar to a Nytro with $15000 invested? Any info would be appreciated.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll try and give you an answer sometime Tuesday night when we get back. Have a few days off so a buddy and I are gonna try and leave this afternoon and at the scales probably flip a coin to see if it's Valemount or Mcbride.

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website
www.whiteknucklemotorsports.ca
I have a couple hundred kms on the 1100. Easiest answer is if you came from a previous 4 stroke like I did, ie. Yamaha, it's like going back to a 2 stroke, so easy. If you came from a 2 stroke it depends on your weight, abilities, riding preferences. I've said for years that if you are 200+ yourself the weight difference won't bother you as much as a guy that is 175. The less snow the harder it is to control.

All that being said I came from Yami land and this is way easier to handle, it's the same chassis as the 2s Cats, just heavier. If you like trees like I do you will want to do a relocate kit, either 2" or 3". PM me if you want some details on my set up. Puts you more over the weight and easier to handle. My group rides a lot of trees and I rode a MCX TApex, not a lot worse for that kind of riding, but you learn to ride what you have.

I'm 4s for life so hard to get me to not love the new 1100t.

SnowSnob

Reaction score
Thanks for the vids, pretty kewl and makes me think there is hope with boondocking this beast.
I figured the button you were pushing was the handwarmers. :)
So the T4stroker needs a little time to build track speed? Figured once you hammered down that track was a movin right away.

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website
www.whiteknucklemotorsports.ca
It's never going to be as "snappy" as a 2s, it has a slight turbo lag, I rode an MCX kit so when I say slight, I mean none. It is heavier so more mass to get rolling. But trust me there is nothing like rolling around on the torque of a 4s.

Brojoe

Reaction score
My sled just has arrived. Curious now about the pipe, battery, and steering relocate. Also on the fence with a Hyjacker or Speedwerx reflash.

nightfirem10

Reaction score
We have been waiting for 3 weeks now on the Speedwerx reflash, and still have not recieved em back as of yet. As for the 2 to the 4, i rode the 2 stroke for ever, and am absolutely in love with this 4 stroke, its easy to handle, tons of power, will climb where you point it. On the other hand, you do have to pull harder to make it come around, but the 2012 800 is the same way. the Chassis is a very "flat" handling sled, not like the older m chassis. But doing a simple ski swap to the Simmons gen 3s make it a total diffrent beast for handling!!!

pistonpete

Reaction score
If you guys dont mind me asking, how( does or would) handle compared to say the 08 nytro mtx ????In more of a hard condition... My first Cat coming off a Xp ( freeride ). Had fell in love with the Nytro 4, but not the handling.My 1100t is in and im excited to read the feedback.We out east are still waiting ( %#@*) for snow..
Anyways, GOOD JOB CAT !! WOW

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would also like to know if there is a lot of vibration in the bars? It is a big twin!

Brojoe

Reaction score
i am going to Revy this weekend, and will post a report. I am riding the 1100t bone stock. I rode a 2010 turbo M8 for 2 years and a Nytro before that. My riding partner has the 180 nytro, so i hope to get some real side by side comparison this weekend

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am going to Revy this weekend, and will post a report. I am riding the 1100t bone stock. I rode a 2010 turbo M8 for 2 years and a Nytro before that. My riding partner has the 180 nytro, so i hope to get some real side by side comparison this weekend
looking forward to the comparison.:beer:

FarFrmStock

Reaction score
I'm also heading out to Valemount tomorrow, I have the M11T ltd 162 and i'm anxious to try it in the mountains! I managed to find a place close to Edmonton and put 30 miles on the sled. I have been riding an Xp chassis for the last 3 years and I'm surprised how easy this sled is to maneuver.

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you mount the front skid arm lower like on the old mseries? This would allow it to roll over much easier. Anyone tried it?

Brojoe

Reaction score
I just got back from Revy today with the new Cat. I can't compare to 180, because he upgraded to a 240 with a CR tunnel. I am not a professional mountain rider, I am lucky to get out 3-4 times a year for 3-4 days at a time, so take my opion for what it is.

The pro's are:

Power-I can't say enough about how smooth the power was, I did a few pulls at Super and it was impressive. It had torque, and just seemed to keep going. The snow was set up and it felt like spring riding. Never the less, I was quite impressed.
Handling- It handled like a 4 stroke, but similar to the old M chasis. That sounds odd, but I can't explain it any better. It was tougher to pull over and carry on a side hill. But after a few rides and learning where I need to be to balance the machine it got easier, but not as easy as the old M chasis. Sounds like a contradiction, but I can't explain it.
Suspesion - Right from the start, going over the moguls on the trail, I noticed a huge difference from my older 2010 M8. My back did not take the beating it usually did. It always sucks going up and down if the trail is not groomed, but this was very smooth, and it handeled well.
The sled does trench a bit in the soft snow, but most sleds that are boosted will trench.
Heated seat- Not going to bs, the heater felt pretty good after riding all day.

Cons
Ski's- seem a little narrow and did not want to stay up on the snow. I think a wider ski up front would help.
Track-it was good in the snow, but the trails i seemed to spin out and not get much traction. Coming down the steep slopes it wanted to slide out on me.
Seat-Not a fan of the seat height, nor the shape of it. It was slippery and at times felt like I wanted to roll off the sides.
Handle bar location- In my opion, the steering post should be moved for 2-3 inches forward. I am 6'2, and after I adjusted the bars, they were at the right height.
Storage-lack of storage. I missed the seat storage and my muff pot.

The sled created some buzz with in our group, and I let everybody take it for a ride. Mixed reviews from everyone. At the end of the day, it is a 4 stroke. It handles different then a 2 stroke.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think a wider ski would help keep the front end up because she sure likes to dive when you let off the throttle. Same opinion on the seat being slippery and find the running boards could use some better traction. Maybe because of the painted running boards their slippery as compared to bare aluminum. I like the smooth power and can't wait to get out riding again.

Brojoe

Reaction score
Well after a few sleepless nights, I decided to sell the 1100t. I just can't seem to get comfortable on the machine. It had alot of the same qualities my old M had, but it just doesn't feel the same. I have tried adjusting shocks, changing my riding style, but it just doesn't seem to fit. I am going back to an old M chasis.:(

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think adding power to the machine and the forward locate on the steering will change the handling. Maybe even the new a-arm kit to narrow the stance might help. Just some ideas.

DanQ1

Reaction score
I had my first chance to ride my new M1100T this weekend, I came from a 10 summit XP, I really like the M1100's ability as a point and shoot sled right out of the box, I found it a little tricky to handle in the tight and narrow. I found It to be real close to the Doo for riding position. I think if I can get a bit of weight off it and dealers finally get there cans and programers in stock it will be a great sled. I have the light weight battery in mine and it worked perfect, rode all weekend and put it on the bat tender when I got home and only took 15 minutes till it was at full charge again. The seat is nasty slippery!!!! Thats my biggest complaint. Looks super horny though.

Top Bottom