M1100 turbo riser options? Weight savings? Track choices?

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Well, just paid for a new 1100 turbo limited, haven't even sat on the thing yet. Been hearing/reading a lot of peoples opinions on how the steering post feels so awkward on the new 1100's. Anyone have any ideas schemed up to maybe make it a little better? I read somewhere, I believe it was a quote by Brett Rasmussen, not sure, that a vert post is able to swap into the 1100's? Anyone hear anything different? I know im going from the old m chasis to s new one altogether and it's gonna be something to get used to, just like my old steering feel. Also for weight savings. I'm thinking about doing the charge pipes, can, battery and maybe a ezryde skid... Any other ideas on a bit of savings? Wanna get this behemoth down to nytro territory. What abouttracks? These days no one can leave anything stock so what the hell, wondering if we may be able to cram a 2.5 or 3" camo extreme under these things. I dunno if anyone has picked up an 1100 yet, maybe if so or if you have any knowledge to share you can chime in. Other then that I guess it's just a waiting game! I hear boondocker has a new hijacker 2.0 version out for these putty tats too. Wonder how much horse they can pump out with just the charge pipe upgrade and the highjacked reliably all day? :s just something for us impatient kitty guys to ponder over before the sleds gets here!

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one coming too. But in my opinion I would ride it first and then make a list of things that need to be changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which one do you have coming? I know what youre saying, I figured I'd eventually get a response like that, I'm just tryin to see what other people have in mind for theirs. I think I'm powdercoating all the a arms and suspension black just to offset the dominant white thoughout the sled. Changing out all the orange for black.

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the 1100t limited coming. I will be getting rid of the suitcase of a muffler and d&d box once I ride it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish camo would get their sh*t together and make us a 3" track 15" wide lol. Uhm I got mine at a.s.e motorsports in Sherwood park for a touch over 15. I'm guessing that's without taxes and stuff. I'll find out when I have to write a cheque. I'm still wondering if I'm making the right choice in switching to a 4 stroke :/ I'm def gonna miss that 2 stroke scream lol

M1K

Reaction score
thx just curious

i bought my 1st 4stroke sled last yr.... the transition was painless. ez to get use to never having the hood open

This is also my first 4 stoke.... thinking the most painful part of owning a 4 stroke is the extended break in period. 2 stroke...heat sink it a couple of times, add a little premix in your tank and pin it..... 4 stroke...tape a piece of wood or something similiar so you can't go over half throttle & baby it for 600 miles (according to what I read on another forum), do your mods in the summer then let er rip on your second year....or don't work so much and get your 600 miles outta the way in the first month :)

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im hoping I won't have too hard of a time adjusting. I think tree riding may be a bit more tougher to get used to. Just speculation tho. I was always against 4 strokes, for some unknown reason, always said they're too heavy, and now I find myself waiting by the phone waiting for that call lol. I guess the reliability factor is what made me switch. All my buddies are going turbo nytros this year so gotta keep cat pride and still try and show em up I guess! Im not sure about the break in period. I plan on having the charge pipes, stage 2 bmp can, and hijacked before my first revy trip. I'll just put her up on blocks, tape the throttle open, go to work, come back 12 hours later and there ya go, broken in... Hahahaha. Anyone have any ideas in mind for performance/cosmetic mods yet?

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, which is very likely.. But I was told that the new 1100t weighs in at 562lbs and a new 2012 nytro weighs in at 519lbs... I done a few quick searches and came up empty so I could be wrong assuming this. Anyone know the exact weight comparison???

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Yamaha Nytro dry weight is 553 once I get a consumer 1100T in I will tell you exactly what the Cat is. Either way you still have to add a Turbo and all the extra weight to the Nytro to make it go.

M1K

Reaction score
Yamaha Nytro dry weight is 553 once I get a consumer 1100T in I will tell you exactly what the Cat is. Either way you still have to add a Turbo and all the extra weight to the Nytro to make it go.

The 553 for the Nytro....is that real world weight as per your scales. If so was it a 162?

Prairie Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im hoping I won't have too hard of a time adjusting. I think tree riding may be a bit more tougher to get used to. Just speculation tho. I was always against 4 strokes, for some unknown reason, always said they're too heavy, and now I find myself waiting by the phone waiting for that call lol. I guess the reliability factor is what made me switch. All my buddies are going turbo nytros this year so gotta keep cat pride and still try and show em up I guess! Im not sure about the break in period. I plan on having the charge pipes, stage 2 bmp can, and hijacked before my first revy trip. I'll just put her up on blocks, tape the throttle open, go to work, come back 12 hours later and there ya go, broken in... Hahahaha. Anyone have any ideas in mind for performance/cosmetic mods yet?

What are your buddies putting on their Nytro's??? I would have a hard time believing these new Cats are going to compete with a T-Nytro.....with a 180kit sure but not with a 270kit unless you're gonna run race gas in your Cat. I really cant see them in the same category.....close but I think the T-Nytros are still gonna go higher. Granted it could all come down to set up. But your buddies are going to dump way more money into their Nytros than what you will have to. I know this cause I just spent 2yrs building a T-Nytro (nearly $40g) but sold it this summer after snowchecking a new Cat 1100t. I'm in the same place as you.......one of the controllers, can, charge tubes. I know its going to do everything I need it to but I think my buddies MCX Nytro is still gonna go higher. I'll put up with his chit talkin cause I'll have warranty and half what he's got into his sled. So like you.....I'm waiting by the phone for my Proclimb to show up!!! I guess we'll really only know what they're gonna do when we get them on snow......

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if that is true, then it certainly brings a smile to my face! Try and post the weight of the cat when you get it if it's possible buddy. Two of my riding buddies just switched to turbo nytro 162's. So I got a little worried as to how my new cat was going to stack up. They both have the 280 mcxpress kits. With the charge pipe upgrade, stage 2 or 3 can, and a hijacker kit, whats a realistic hp gain? Haven't had any experiences with the z1 engine or hijacker box so I'm not sure. Some same 280hp. I may do the intercooler upgrade as well, we'll see how much cash is left after the aforementioned upgrades and skid/track upgrade. All this chitter chatter about the new cats makes me so anxious to get the call saying theyre in!!! :)

Sofa King much pow

Reaction score
Well Dog you bring your 1100T over to my shop and we'll hang it off the scale.
Then We will go to "Boulder" again and see how it works in the same place as the nitro.

Top Bottom