M1000 no reaching top RPM with bogs and sputters

evil1

Reaction score
M1000 won't reach top RPM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My M1000 will not reach top rpm. Feather the throttle and it gets going until I giver past half. It bogs like crazy at 6000-6500 with some sputtering. Changed out fuel, plugs, checked spark and valves. Servo working fine. All good....Any suggestions?

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you clutched for your area? Had 3 cats, 2 800's and 1 1000 doing the exact same, so we clutched it for 0-3000 and they now run perfect

evil1

Reaction score
this issue started in Revy, ruinedmy weekend and i am trying to troubleshoot in Fort Mac. Don't think its clutching.....

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah probably not then. Some guys are saying their air boxes are blocked with ice. Could try there.

evil1

Reaction score
After reading other threads, it may be a stator. I have a aftermarket intake on it and no ice.

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure you don,t have a broken APV cable or stuck valve? Mine did that yesterday found a broken APV cable . Sounds like it ran exactly the same as you described.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like the previous post says the very first thing to check is your exhaust valves to make sure you dont have a broken cable, stuck exhaust valve, or not adjusted properly. But i'd be mos tsuspicious of a broken cable cause usually when they are just out of adjustment it'll still rev out but not well and low on power.

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1 broken cable on mine. Would rev 6200 max and bog down hard if you tried to hold it WOT. Like it was drowning in fuel. I see now it was choking. Symptoms were like he described.

dozer

Reaction score
i had same issues sat. running like a top, stop for half hour take off and it would'nt rev. out, bogged out, and just ran like shat on the top end. found broken cable on mag side

d2therick

Reaction score
i had same issues sat. running like a top, stop for half hour take off and it would'nt rev. out, bogged out, and just ran like shat on the top end. found broken cable on mag side

So I just got a 08 m1000 and its doin the same thing but ihave bed valve delete. Could it be because my file is turned up to 55psi.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fuel? Fuel pressure at 55 psi seems really high. Mine is set at 45 and runs solid!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

Top Bottom