M1000 helix

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good day. Anybody have a 44-40 helix for sale that will work on an 08 m1000 secondary? Would even consider a complete secondary if the price is right. Thanks.:beer:

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am after one too...sled is sitting at arctic Edge waiting for one..looks like new is in order..

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that there are a lot of opinions (some good and some bad) on the rktek clutch setup. My sled was working well with the stock secondary and some extra weight in the primary (83 grams) until i added the SLP pipe and powercommander 5. I talked to Brent Linderman about my setup and he recommended the 44/40 helix with some rock rollers and the shift assist. Brent also figured the Timbersled intake setup may not flow enough air. My best performance so far came with a Linderman head mod, stock pipe, SLP Y pipe, SLP can, 046 belt and Timbersled intake. Performance dropped off as soon as the SLP pipe and powercommander were added. Figured i would try the helix first. I did drop my primary weight to 77 to get the rpm up into the 7800 - 7900 range. I would be more than happy to hear other opinions on different clutch setups etc when running the complete SLP pipe combo. Thanks.

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good day. Anybody have a 44-40 helix for sale that will work on an 08 m1000 secondary? Would even consider a complete secondary if the price is right. Thanks.:beer:

You might try looking in the F or cross over section also as the 44/40 are more common.

akholland

Reaction score
I talked to SLP today and they said that the y pipe they make is longer than the stock y pipe which decreases the max power rpm. So if your running only a y pipe you need to add weight to clutch to just lower than stock rpm. (not very ideal). thats why they say they don't sell the y pipe without the pipe to match. The pipe is what brings the rpm back up to 7750, and this requires a lighter weight in the primary (size depends on elevation). Also they said that the timbersled intake system creates turbulence in the air box and doesn't give consistent readings to the ecu for the air temp sensor. I think it has to do more with having the extra air box volume of the stock intake system gives better throttle response. Not real clear on that though. Either way the stock intake system seems to be better than the timbersled pods. (although timbersled is lighter). Also has anyone else had problems with tuning the lean midrange with an 08 m1000 with 08 mapping running a full speedwerks exhaust? Has anyone else welded an a/f sensor in a speedwerks pipe with any luck? I kept having the pipe crack out on me.

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked to SLP today and they said that the y pipe they make is longer than the stock y pipe which decreases the max power rpm. So if your running only a y pipe you need to add weight to clutch to just lower than stock rpm. (not very ideal). thats why they say they don't sell the y pipe without the pipe to match. The pipe is what brings the rpm back up to 7750, and this requires a lighter weight in the primary (size depends on elevation). Also they said that the timbersled intake system creates turbulence in the air box and doesn't give consistent readings to the ecu for the air temp sensor. I think it has to do more with having the extra air box volume of the stock intake system gives better throttle response. Not real clear on that though. Either way the stock intake system seems to be better than the timbersled pods. (although timbersled is lighter). Also has anyone else had problems with tuning the lean midrange with an 08 m1000 with 08 mapping running a full speedwerks exhaust? Has anyone else welded an a/f sensor in a speedwerks pipe with any luck? I kept having the pipe crack out on me.

You may want to start a new thread to get some answers to your questions. I would still like to find a 44/40 helix.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I am running a 46/36 helix and I love it. I have also put the ski-doo black purple purple spring in my secondary with rock rollers and a shift assist, and also run the M8 gearing in. I have had to drop my weights to 77 grams to achieve proper RPM but I am also running a 3" 174 track getting about 44-47 mph trackspeed. I have toyed around with the RKT secondary kit but I am not sure that it will work much better than my setup, I need someone to lend me thier secondary for a few pulls to prove it to me, I just havent found anyone on the hill yet to do so. I hate throwing away money for no gain and I am happy with the backshift and upshift. My sled is around the 200 hp mark, give or take a few ponies and I have ran 1 belt all last year. The only change I made for this year is the thundershift bolt kit and it is awesome, gives some adjustability and a way stronger setup. I am no expert so tell me what you guys think cuz I would love to get over 50 mph trackspeed with the 174, it would be deadly!:eek:

Top Bottom