m1000 bogging problems

butteboy21

Reaction score
hey guys new to this site. Im having some troubles with my m1000. I have a bog about a 1\4 way into throttle. I have to burp it 2 to 3 times to get it out of it. I have 300 miles on the sled. The sled has had the heads polished and ported, v-force reeds, speed werxs y pipe and can. It also has a pure logic fuel box, have tried many different settings on the fuel with no difference to the bog. Its done it since day one of owning the sled. Any help would be appreciated.

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the APV cables make sure they are not broken. Clean the valves and reset the cable length. Might be a sticky exhaust valve. The setting is 34.5 mm from the end of the metal part to the knob on the end. Might take a few trys to get them set. If you can do it on a stand it works best. you will need to rev it up a few times to get the servo to cycle. It cycles at start to check for problems then cycles at mid and high RPM.
Cat Torque/Tech/Specs here. - SnoWest Snowmobile Forum
Cat specs scroll down and you will find the settings for the APV. I used a caliper and after a few different lengths i settled on 1.37 inches. You can actually play games with the rpm with different cable lengths. I had mine to short motor hit 7980 rpm to short motor went 7200. You want 7250 to 7400 rpm. Mine revs 7460 seems to work for mine . Might also want to check your primary spring . I broke an APV cable at 230 miles. Mine wouldn,t rev past 6200 , so i,m thinking you might have a sticky valve. You run the proper Cat ( or equivelant) oil?

shaneway59

Reaction score
Maybe try taking slack out of throttle cable, if there is any. A friend of mine had same problem with his M1000. It would activate throttle safety switch and he had to wait a couple secs for it to clear. His did it from day 1 as well until he tightened throttle cable.

Top Bottom