M Weekend Mods

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spent Sunday in the garage put a few parts on the 09 M8. Went with the SPG Airframe Running Boards these things look to be the ultimate in snow elimination, not a bad install lots of pop rivets a definite job for an air rivet gun and of course I left that back at the shop. :( The manual one worked great on all 60+ rivets :rolleyes: One thing I may do different is add stronger front support bracket in the foot well area even though it mounts to the same location as the stock side rail wouldn’t mind a beefier support under it although jumping on the board still seamed stronger the stockers I also went with a SPG rear bumper had one on another sled and really liked it! Now go find a snow drift jump off and test them out!

IMGP1006.jpg

Last week in the Kootenays the stock boards on the cat 1000 and 8 both were loaded up, some days the snow just builds up on them others it's not to bad.

IMG_1124.jpg

Mods201101-1.jpg

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks good have you been out riding much this winter yet ?

Oh ya had some good rides in just local stuff hit Barrett, Sal Crest and The Gold Range a few times. Now off to Revy to see a buddy do some riding next. Hay and thanks again the old man loves that new steering post on his M 1000 best mod he did.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks Rad man! Is that seat any taller than the stocker?

Spent Sunday in the garage put a few parts on the 09 M8. Went with the SPG Airframe Running Boards these things look to be the ultimate in snow elimination, not a bad install lots of pop rivets a definite job for an air rivet gun and of course I left that back at the shop. :( The manual one worked great on all 60+ rivets :rolleyes: One thing I may do different is add stronger front support bracket in the foot well area even though it mounts to the same location as the stock side rail wouldn’t mind a beefier support under it although jumping on the board still seamed stronger the stockers I also went with a SPG rear bumper had one on another sled and really liked it! Now go find a snow drift jump off and test them out!

IMGP1006.jpg

Last week in the Kootenays the stock boards on the cat 1000 and 8 both were loaded up, some days the snow just builds up on them others it's not to bad.

IMG_1124.jpg

Mods201101-1.jpg

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks ya just tried it out in Kootenays over the holidays 2 weeks riding and love the seat! About the same height as the Boss a little stiffer on the foam and super light, the cover comes off you can wash it in case there may have been a pucker factor situation…:eek: I do a lot of stand up nice thing is lots of manoeuvrability at the back for getting the old foot up and over never hooking on something, It’s just boondocking great. The bag is just as good quick clips it’s off do some climbing drop the bag very tough and nice zipper has an outside handle, pack her in the room/ cabin empty her out your good to go.... AltitudePerformance.com

woodym7

Reaction score
Wicked build sir, what kinda bars are you running, look slike you kept all the stock controls, just wondering wanna change the stockers if i get a chance and where did you order the running board and bumper kit from?

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wicked build sir, what kinda bars are you running, look slike you kept all the stock controls, just wondering wanna change the stockers if i get a chance and where did you order the running board and bumper kit from?

Thanks, they are the stock M Bars with a Skinz Mountain Riding Strap Note: you have to cut off the stock strap and tabs the new Mountain Strap has Billet mounts and universal fit / Great hand grip and the pull over is way better then stock by far. The Air Frame Running boards are another Skinz (SPG) item all from a site vendor on here Erie Creek BP/Altitude Performance in Calgary Ab.

* Link to the Pic of the (SPG) Mountain Riding Strap
2009 M8 Snow Pro | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Top Bottom