M steering post options

mustard73

Reaction score
So its time for a new steering post for my M8 (bent mine). Just debating whether I should go with a stock post or try to find something a little stronger. Mine is an 07 and I hear the 08 and up are built a little heavier so that may be enough.

Are any of you running chromoly steering posts? I like the looks of the adjustable BDX one but $300 seems a little steep. Any other good upgrade options to consider?

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PM wildchild and see how much for one of his posts. Kurt is a great guy to deal with.

tranquillicer

Reaction score
So its time for a new steering post for my M8 (bent mine). Just debating whether I should go with a stock post or try to find something a little stronger. Mine is an 07 and I hear the 08 and up are built a little heavier so that may be enough.

Are any of you running chromoly steering posts? I like the looks of the adjustable BDX one but $300 seems a little steep. Any other good upgrade options to consider?
What about the stock adjustable Cat post? I think they are around $175 and should install on '07 M series.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have a stock New 2008 M8 post for sale, PM me if you want it!

snowdingo

Reaction score
I would say to stick with the stock steering post-you don't want anything TOO tough in there, because when you hit something instead of bending your post you'll likely rip the steering post off of the bulkhead.

mustard73

Reaction score
I would say to stick with the stock steering post-you don't want anything TOO tough in there, because when you hit something instead of bending your post you'll likely rip the steering post off of the bulkhead.

This is a really good point. It sucks when you bend the stocker but at least you don't have any really expensive repairs to do when it happens.

I'm pretty sure the one I bent was the stock 07 post. The steering posts were updated in 08 to be a little stronger so hopefully this will help. If I bend another, I might change the style of riser I use. I currently use a 4" AMP riser which I like but it doesn't budge when you crash... I'm thinking the ROX risers may be the ticket.

Top Bottom