M series summer Project?

Ski_X_Doo

Reaction score
Me and a buddy both have ski doos I have a 04 Skidoo summit 600 HO X and he has a 01 Summit X 700. And we where thinking about buying a blowen up
M7 And M8 to rebuild over the summer. Because we want to know what the M series has to offer. So what do you guys think there worth if they need a top end or maby a crank?

Ski_X_Doo

Reaction score
Any body have any idea on a price tag ? i could use the help im not sure what to offer for somthing like that.

Syndicate Speed Shop

Reaction score
Really depends on what all is wrong with the project sled and the overall condition. How's the track, tunnel and skid? What size of track? Typically an m7 with a 153 is going to be less than an M8. Something with a blown engine I would say roughly between the 4 and 5k mark, assuming the rest of the sled is decent. Hope this helps a bit...

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you can get them for a good price go for it ......ive seen m7 engines go for around 1700-2500 bucks. Shouldnt be to hard to find one as far a a m8 i havent seen to many of those but then again ive never looked.

If you could get sleds for around 2500-2800 a piece then pick up a used engine for a good price your golden thats what i would do......Keep the one that came in the sled and put it on the shelf until you have some more coin in your pockets and build up a big bore that way you always have a spare if one goes :d:d:d worsre case senario you blow one up you can always spend an afternoon putting in your spare.

I was thinking about picking up a spare motor and just doin a stupid big bore like a cuttler 1000 240hp or something that way if i blew the bb i could always use the stocker (better then not riding at all).

Ski_X_Doo

Reaction score
if you can get them for a good price go for it ......ive seen m7 engines go for around 1700-2500 bucks. Shouldnt be to hard to find one as far a a m8 i havent seen to many of those but then again ive never looked.

If you could get sleds for around 2500-2800 a piece then pick up a used engine for a good price your golden thats what i would do......Keep the one that came in the sled and put it on the shelf until you have some more coin in your pockets and build up a big bore that way you always have a spare if one goes :d:d:d worsre case senario you blow one up you can always spend an afternoon putting in your spare.

I was thinking about picking up a spare motor and just doin a stupid big bore like a cuttler 1000 240hp or something that way if i blew the bb i could always use the stocker (better then not riding at all).

Yeah thanks im thinking about calling A to Z sled parts in kamloops to see if they have one even if it just had blowen pistions. All i would do is find a set of pistions on ebay with gaskets wich last time i checked went for $400. So my buddy curtis and i disided if we could find a nice M7 and a M8 that need top ends or whatever passed by that was in nice shape we would buy them and rebulid them so i just wanted to see what outher people thought about the idea.

Ski_X_Doo

Reaction score
Any one know where else you can get somthing like a blowen up M7 or M8?

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You probably won't find a lot of M series sleds without motors. Strong motors even under boost. Lots of non boosted sleds getting over 5000 km before needing a top end.

Good luck in your search.

Ski_X_Doo

Reaction score
You probably won't find a lot of M series sleds without motors. Strong motors even under boost. Lots of non boosted sleds getting over 5000 km before needing a top end.

Good luck in your search.

Yeah but the people who dont ride them properly and blow pistions im sure you can get a blowen up M7 or M8

Top Bottom