m-7 running rough

12bruckd

Reaction score
Number One Make your font size bigger, hard on this old guy. Not dismissing any of the other options but check the wires that run down the steering post and if you haven't already put the inline fuel jet in your line, biggest $5 improvement you can make.

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if this jet in the fuel like actually worked and was safe to use? I saw this video on youtube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTIyC7QVPfk and was wondering if you set the gauge before or after the jet in the fuel line?

Thanks

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if this jet in the fuel like actually worked and was safe to use? I saw this video on youtube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTIyC7QVPfk and was wondering if you set the gauge before or after the jet in the fuel line?

Thanks
Restricting the entire fuel flow of your injected motor to one small jet like a 330 is crazy IMO. For comparison, I used to run one 350 jet on my T-Cat.....in each carb! Granted its not pressurized but I'd like to see how they derived the 280 to 390 jet determination, because you really need to know mikuni jet flow volumes, a size or 2 too small and your pistons melt. This video shows nothing about the A/F ratios this guy is running at wide open, or even at partial throttle. To make this test valid, he should have filmed this video on a dyno where you could see any increase in HP and also see the A/F ratios and the BSFC values. A couple PSI difference on the gauge does not = 15 HP increase. Sorry.

12bruckd

Reaction score
A it sounds like this is not a good way to reduce your fuel pressure. Looks like an adjustable fuel regulator would be needed to do it the best way. Thanks for the response

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Restricting the entire fuel flow of your injected motor to one small jet like a 330 is crazy IMO. For comparison, I used to run one 350 jet on my T-Cat.....in each carb! Granted its not pressurized but I'd like to see how they derived the 280 to 390 jet determination, because you really need to know mikuni jet flow volumes, a size or 2 too small and your pistons melt. This video shows nothing about the A/F ratios this guy is running at wide open, or even at partial throttle. To make this test valid, he should have filmed this video on a dyno where you could see any increase in HP and also see the A/F ratios and the BSFC values. A couple PSI difference on the gauge does not = 15 HP increase. Sorry.

I have seen these jets a few times and can't for the life of me figure out why guys think this is a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom