Lumber prices in BC back up - why isn't Willy back at work?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would have thought with the increased exports, extension on the trade agreement and increased housing starts projected, the mill would have re-opened and Willy would be back at work and have less time for trolling. Hell, the kootenays had a 4.1% drop in the unemployment rate in April as most of the seasonal workers started back at the golf courses and fruit orchards. Willy did you put in a resume at Walmart would for the garden center at least? Or did you plant your own crop this year? Maybe Jones Boys is hiring, you could pump gas for all those expensive Albertan boats cruising up and down Kootenay Lake with all their disposable income.

My parents are up right now, let me know if you need anything brought back like some white sunglasses (sucks that all the locals bought them out - trying to hide bloodshot eyes? might be a medical reason I guess....could just be Alberta envy though)? How about a case of Doritos or Cheezies, the munchies come on quick ya know. I think my dad even has room for a couple jerry cans if you like, he'll just swing by the pumpjack on the way out of town to pick up some fuel.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Willy lives in Nelson! Other than a government job, why would he want one?

Wait a minute....my son lives in Nelson! Wait another minute....he got tired of dealing with that crap and got a real job in Sparwood with Cummins now!

Anybody wanna buy a house in Nelson? Seriously! His house is for sale.:D

clarkydubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nelson is hurtin these days thats for sure. and it aint got nothing to do with some stupid lumber prices. that is so 1990's........
sucks cause its a beautiful place to live, but im making that trek back to cowtown to pay my payments. do it the right way, funny how around here if you drive a semi nice truck and have a semi nice sled every one assumes your a dope grower. kinda gets on a guys nerves after a while. on that note, ill be looking to find some new crew to ride with outta cow town...or maybe just work on my re-entrys on that beauty cornice that forms between calgary and edmonton hahahaha

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
nelson is hurtin these days thats for sure. and it aint got nothing to do with some stupid lumber prices. that is so 1990's........
sucks cause its a beautiful place to live, but im making that trek back to cowtown to pay my payments. do it the right way, funny how around here if you drive a semi nice truck and have a semi nice sled every one assumes your a dope grower. kinda gets on a guys nerves after a while. on that note, ill be looking to find some new crew to ride with outta cow town...or maybe just work on my re-entrys on that beauty cornice that forms between calgary and edmonton hahahaha

No drugs in our group.....just saying.
Snow flies in early Nov. wanna try us out?

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
funny how around here if you drive a semi nice truck and have a semi nice sled every one assumes your a dope grower. kinda gets on a guys nerves after a while.

Just one of a whole bunch of reasons my son's leaving.....well, mostly left already. He's worked his azz off over there getting a trade....never had anything to do with dope....but because he's got some expensive toys he gets labelled. Sad really. :(

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

LOL just using the lumber prices as an excuse to start a thread....really wish we wouldn't have given up control of our softwood though, I truly think BC would have a kick ass economy if we had a govt with a backbone. It really is a beautiful place to live, I miss it every day I am here, but you can't make the $$$ there you can here, and set yourself and family up better for later in life.

I hear ya and Moyiesledhead on the dope grower comments, and I don't label people with trucks or toys because I know how hard people work for their stuff (my dad spent 42 yrs in Cominco's machine shop for the few toys he has). Similarly though, just because I have red plates doesn't mean I'm a douche with white oakleys and work the rigs.......red platers get labelled the same way. Its a shame that Willy wants to drive a wedge in between these 2 provinces and widen the gap further with his silly threads. Maybe seeing someone local having to make the sacrifice to pay the bills will shift his paradigm a little. Good on ya and welcome to the flatland.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
willy may have carpell tunnel from the remote.
icon10.gif
with all your toys i keep seeing you with mr. modman i'm thinkin you must of robbed a bank or
icon10.gif

j/k hehe. yer a blast, have a good summer, and lay off the race gas. hehe

clarkydubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No drugs in our group.....just saying.
Snow flies in early Nov. wanna try us out?

i dont mind the odd left hander, ive been knowin to have the odd one!!!! just hate getting lumped in with dope growers. i work hard (well not really, but take a lot of BS) for my money. pay my taxes, and stress every month to make payments. so when some cops wanna call me a grower, i get pissed right off!!!! even showed one a-hole my bank statement last year, his tone changed in a hurry.

ill definitly be heading fernie/elkford way in the upcoming season.....my m8 is DYING to eat some of that dry rocky pow!!!!!! definitly gonna need someone to show me around

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL just using the lumber prices as an excuse to start a thread....really wish we wouldn't have given up control of our softwood though, I truly think BC would have a kick ass economy if we had a govt with a backbone. It really is a beautiful place to live, I miss it every day I am here, but you can't make the $$$ there you can here, and set yourself and family up better for later in life.

I hear ya and Moyiesledhead on the dope grower comments, and I don't label people with trucks or toys because I know how hard people work for their stuff (my dad spent 42 yrs in Cominco's machine shop for the few toys he has). Similarly though, just because I have red plates doesn't mean I'm a douche with white oakleys and work the rigs.......red platers get labelled the same way. Its a shame that Willy wants to drive a wedge in between these 2 provinces and widen the gap further with his silly threads. Maybe seeing someone local having to make the sacrifice to pay the bills will shift his paradigm a little. Good on ya and welcome to the flatland.

Maybe we just need to find a way to EXPORT Willy???

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Maybe we just need to find a way to EXPORT Willy???

He'd doo well in Quebec and he could keep fighting wholely within the province and not bring another province into the fray. They may even have white sunglasses and boosted trucks for him and maybe if he was lucky someone else could pay for them. He'd like that!

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a little weed now and then. That prejudice is a left over from the 50's and 60's when people were brainwashed by the government. I am thinking that all the haters on here were around during those decades. I know lots of successful people who enjoy a little puff on a Friday night from time to time. Of course chronic can be a little different.

I drive a lifted truck as well and I have BC plates. No white sunglasses but soon very soon.
powderhounds opinion stated now back to the back to the Alberta bashing entertainment........

If I was high right now I would find the rhyme quite clever. :d:d

Last edited:

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I have been told by my buddies in Trail that if you drop anything in Nelson it is recomended to not bend over and pick it up just kick it out of town then pick it up. Maybey one eye has a deep issue he needs to deal with? It all is making sense now especially looking for white sunglasses because they are super gay.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
naaa more about yer white sunglasses and yer white sled lol who came up with the bright idea of a "white sled" ??

I believe all four major snowmobile manufacturer's have had white snowmobiles in recent production years.......so take your pick. You certainly could have looked into this yourself but I'm sure your internet time is limited using the free computer at the public library. Perhaps in your free time while waiting to use the public computer you might pick up a couple books and learn to spell. Just a thought.

Top Bottom